Search the forum,

Discuss This Could be an interesting one guys :/ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooly89

Gas Engineer
hi guys

I have a very weird fault on a system at clients property. I have suggested that wiring more than likely needs looking at.

So standard open vent system with ideal classic heat only installed hot water seems to be working fine.

however when the central heating is turned on at the programmer and the room stat is set at 10 degrees(the house is definitely above 10 degrees) the boiler is still firing and what it seems to be doing is shutting off when the boiler stat is satisfied and firing up again moments later to maintain this.

I have had the room stat off the wall and we have on switch live to earth- 240v, live to earth 240v and neutral to earth- 0v. obviously when the switch is not in place we are not supposed to be getting 240v from the switch live.

so I guess my question is other than the wiring being defective is there any other reason why I would be getting 240v on the switch live from the stat?

any help you can give would be greatfully received guys

Cheers

Pooly

prog disconnect the prog and re test at stat as prog should be nothing there eg 0 is the first port of call eg

prog

room stat

2/3 port valve

pump and boiler

Normally when heating is staying when not wanted its the actuator, however as previously stated the switch live starts at the programmer then moves to stat, then actuator then boiler/pump. so start at the programmer and work that way chasing the dodgy live feed

S plan or y plan? If you've got voltage to the room stat on an s plan, it's wiring. If you haven't it's the zone valve stuck open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to This Could be an interesting one guys :/ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock