Search the forum,

Discuss thinking about starting on my own in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

guitey

so im thinking im gonna start off by putting an ad in the paper, repairs, installations replacements, etc. what ive always had a problem with when doing foreigners in the past is pricing, anyone have any sources where there is a general range of prices for jobs. like what hourly rate should i be charging for call outs? any help much appreciated

Think that it very much depends on what area of the country you intend to work. Inner city London compared to a quiet suburb in Devon would show a great difference in hourly rate. I found DYNOROD new plumbing section on their website gies you an idea of what their franchises charge for set jobs like installations of sanitary ware.

Other than that all i can tell you is what me and my family (all plumbers) do.

*Free estimates and free quotes
*arrange with customer either hourly or price for overall charge
* No longer do 24 hr service so regular hours call out has no charge added.
* Any emergency call out my dad normally slaps a small charge on
* We charge petrol and time for long trips to work
* Here in Cornwall the average hourly rate is between £20 and £30 per hour but dont quote me on it.

We also up our rate if were very busy or lower our rate if we go a bit quiet. we dont expect to get every job on the quotes we give however.
depending on what trade discount you get on materials you can decide on how much (if any) to give to your customer.

The self employed part is easy for us as my broski is an accountant but you would need to contact the HMRC and let them know you have gone self employed.

You will also really want to take out public liability insurance just in case.

I think most of us have an idea inside how much WE would pay for a certain job to be done so use your own thoughts on what is cheap and what is extortionate.

Hope that kinda helps and gets some other peeps to add their thoughts

Nick

thanks for ur reply, very helpful.

im in lancashire btw

had a look at dyno rod website too, thx.

Great info there Nick, thanks :)

Here in the midlands, your looking at about 150-200 per day. 50 quid for a wc removal/install, 350 for a full bathroom replace (1 for 1). This includes the bits.

Outside tap, immersion swap, circulating pump change - 50-60 quid. Thats depending on if the swaps/installation go trouble free of course ;)

Post your general quotes on here for all to see and learn from :)

A general price list that i charge which customers seem to be happy with.

Like for like three piece bathroom swap (exc any tiling) £300 - £350
Shower swap electric (like for like) £50
Changing cold water storage tank (not inc tank etc) £100
Changing hot water Cylinder inc. materials (not including cylinder) £140Swapping basin taps, kitchen taps £35
Swapping bath taps £40
Outside taps Inc materials £60

Ball valve (inc ball valve) £40
Exchanging Central heating pump (exc pump) £50 - £80
Exchanging motorised valve (exc valve) £50 - £80
Swapping rads (not inc rads)£60 - £90
Mains stop taps £50
Swapping washing machine / dishwasher to existing pipe work £30
Plumbing in new washing machine/dishwasher with new pipe work £60 - £100

If called out for emergency work after regular hours i add 50% to work.
Minimum charge of £30 for any job.

Hope this is of use to anyone. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to thinking about starting on my own in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock