Search the forum,

Discuss They don't make them like this anymore! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Best

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
image.jpg
Note the date! 1962 oil burner and boiler and still working today and near original. "The Economy of Quality" How appropriate, - buy a boiler and never need to replace it in a lifetime.

image.jpg
Circulating pump still going from 1962 with no isolating valves.

54 years

Last edited:
View attachment 24498
Circulating pump still going from 1962 with no isolating valves.

Isolation valves weren't invented till 1963. Lol
That blue colour of the pump, reminds me of a old SMC manifold assembly from the 80s

The oldest oil boiler I've seen was installed in 1965 and they were saying that it was 2nd hand then and had been donated to the rugby club.

Unfortunately when I got called out to it (it was there biggest game of the year, a local derby and the winner got promoted) the boiler had turned into a sieve and the burner was flooded they asked if I could fix it?

I have a similar one of those pumps on a system I go to occasionally, got a belt as the cover had fallen off the terminal block!!! dam dark cupboards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to They don't make them like this anymore! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock