Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss Thermostatic triple diverter shower valve with body jets and shower rail set in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. fletcher7751

fletcher7751 New Member

Hi all, seasons greeting
    I have been volunteered to install the above, outside of my usual kitchens and bathrooms so seeking some advice
    There are three outlets, the rain head, hand held and three body jets to two facing walls.
    I understand that l can have two outlets on at one time, what is the usual way to plumb these in, there would have to be two of the above on at the same time - which two?
    Also there is no pipework or fittings to connect to any of the outlets, should this be in 22mm or 15mm, it is supplied by a new Ideal Logik.
    Any advice gratefully received, and a lesson on what you agree to whilst under the influence!!

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

What's your pressures and flow eg is the shower suitable for it

And normally 15mm into the valve but you can if you want do 22mm as close as easily

3. fletcher7751

fletcher7751 New Member

Hi Shaun, thanks for reply
    As usual, client bough it as it looks good....
    Manuf say min pressure 1.5 bar and we are fine with that, will do a flow test, but they don't mention that in their sparse instructions
    All the connections to the valve body are 22mm incl the outlets
    I'll ask the client what they want, but l suspect wall jets on one outlet, and drencher and hand held on the other. .
    I am concerned that they will need a fire pump to operate them all though! I expect one outlet at a time in use.
    One of the walls with the body jets is an old hard brick wall, so happy days chasing ahead.
    At least one is a stud wall, that's where the valve body will be going!

4. ShaunCorbs

If there 22mm pipe up in 22mm but confirm pressures and flow first :)

5. fletcher7751

fletcher7751 New Member

Will do, any idea on required flow rates?
    Ill check with VP....but don't hold out much hope there

6. ShaunCorbs

Should say in instructions but aim for anything above 15lpm as anything less will be less than 7.5 lpm with two heads on

7. fletcher7751

fletcher7751 New Member

Cheers Shaun, will check that first
    Also would l need a pressure loop each side, as it's serving six body jets?

8. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Best of luck with it, another item purchased by customer, sounds like import rubbish, no proper instructions, Hope its WRAS approved ! check B4 you fit it, and if you do explain if it does not work it's down to them to sort it out,

• Like Like x 1
  9. ShaunCorbs

Won't harm to connect them all together and to the valve twice

10. fletcher7751

fletcher7751 New Member

Its from Victoria Plum (no B!!)
    Don't know country of origin, wasn't cheap.., but instructions next to carsy paper!
    Will explain believe me, but first the flow test
    May end up fitting three body jets, they want three on opposing walls, but very concerned at supplying them all
    Thanks for all replies

11. ShaunCorbs

Will be China

• Like Like x 1
  12. fletcher7751

fletcher7751 New Member

Update - couldn't bring myself to struggle with no instructions, means of sealing and retaining either the body jets (has rear lock nuts!!!) or the valve faceplate other than silicone it the client agreed to return it. Now looking to get some proper kit, any suggestions? I am thinking a two way diverter for rain and 4 jets (not 6), and a separate hair shower on riser rail. That gives a working shower if either needs maintaining, and they will all be separately controlled.
    All suggestions of manufacturers greatly appreciated,
    Budget £400.

13. ShaunCorbs

Yea normally bin them (the lock nuts) and use soldered back plates

Grohe very good shower manufacturer

14. Plumbstar Tom

Plumbstar Tom Well-Known Member

15. fletcher7751

fletcher7751 New Member

Thanks very much chaps, will get a trade price on that, retail will cause cardiac arrest for the customer!
    Any suggestions on which decorative valve for the jets, seen Aqualisa at £120, hoping for half that!
    At worst l can access the back of the body jets via a hole in the stud wall until plastered, l can't see how PTFE on the jet to the supply can be watertight, which is what the suppliers are telling me.
    Are these the backplates you suggested - www.screwfix.com/p/swirl-bar-valve-wall-mount-fixing-kit-chrome-plated/8669h
    How is the jet to connector joint made watertight?
    Sorry for all the questions, and very grateful for the advice
    Best wishes
    Fletch