Search the forum,

Discuss Thermostatic Mixing Valve 22mm for hot water cylinder outlet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before I embarrass myself asking a plumber to come and quote for installing a TMV on a hot water cylinder is it possible/advisable?

We have holiday apartments and each has an electric shower but all hot water taps (bathroom & kitchens) are fed from an old hot water cylinder, heated by immersion heater (don't ask...). I am concerned that the hot water might be coming out too hot at the outlets. I tried lowering the stat but that sort of reduces the number of sinks etc that can be filled with warm water.

So to me ideal solution is a TMV on outlet of hot water cylinder. Is this possible (and allowed) and if so do I need a special one as it is feeding more than 1 outlet?

Thanks for any suggestions.

It is possible but will restrict the flow abit

I would get your immersion checked first

It is possible although it will restrict the tempreture to 46 degrees every where , the kitchen sink hot water supply could do with being taken off first before the TMV if you can cheers kop

I would not turn the temperature on the stats too low because of legionella they should be set to min 65 degrees.

If you have holiday apartments, I would temper all the water - even the kitchen sink.

You don't want to take the chance on some kid getting burnt or scolded.
You would be taken to the cleaners over that.

As for turning the water temperature in the cylinder down below 60C - very dangerous.

Ignorance on these matters would be no excuse if you were ever taken to court.

Had a case a couple of years ago where we almost had a student accomodation hostel evacuated due to potential Legionella.
Couldn't remove the UV glass tubes from the UV unit due to algae on the tubes.
The place had never been serviced since it was built - it was only 3 years old at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Thermostatic Mixing Valve 22mm for hot water cylinder outlet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a megaflo unvented indirect cylinder (125i) boiler is a Worcester greenstar. I have good pressure on the cold feed and all the usual stuff works, taps...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
Hi all. My hot water feed for my shower is on the left and the cold is on the right. My understanding is that this is correct and this is also stated in the instruction manual for my valve. However when I turn the mixer clockwise cold water is coming out the shower instead of hot water. When...
Replies
Views
After some advice, i have recently had solar panels fitted and have an Eddi which uses the energy we generate to heat the cylinder using the immersion heater. Just wondering if there are any devices that can circulate the hot water in the cylinder so the immersion heater heats all the water...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m having issues with cold water to multiple outlets. Taps, showers, toilets cold water is fine at the kitchen sink. The hot water system is a Glenhill unvented cylinder. Hot water is fine at all outlets. I assumed the cold outlets not working were from the balanced cold from the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock