Search the forum,

Discuss Thermalite blocks . in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

quality

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Whats your most reliable method of fixing to these bloody things. I normally use a No. 10 screw with a red plug and nine times out of ten its OK but not today I am all ears

Brown and a 10 screw or 12 if it's 4" long

Depends what your hanging, If its a boiler then use the bolts provided is usually fine. Brown plugs and screws works for everything aswell.

Brown plugs and 10 or 12 screws depens on what your hanging on it could use a chemical fixing . cheers kop

Probably the red plug doesn't have enough diameter to get a good enough purchase as a brown. But my preferred rarely fails and I hate the crap that boiler manufactures supply with there boilers to use as fixings

Just bought some Fischer Duofix plugs, can be used in multiple structures. Seem pretty good.

never use anything but Brown plugs have done for more years than I can remember never had a problem

Two brown plugs in a 7mm hole and a 3-1/2 10 or 12 screw

I have had to go straight through before using long bolts into the external brickwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Thermalite blocks . in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock