Search the forum,

Discuss Thermal store replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, got to change a PULSARCOIL 2000, anyone have experience of these, what would be a good replacement ?
have fitted a TRISTOR MANUAL FILL before to replace a combi cylinder, found it quite straight forward to install, and was impressed with quality and performance. But always ready to take advice or recommendations from anyone who may have found better alternatives.
thanks in advance, and happy easter !

The ones I use are the RM Flowtherm cylinders . Look like they are 20 years old when you buy them , but as thermal stores go they are a alrightish price lol

I understood thermal stores were /are going to be banned due to poor energy efficiency. Have I got it wrong?

The last four I've had I've changed to UVCs

• Informative
Reactions: deg
I understood thermal stores were /are going to be banned due to poor energy efficiency. Have I got it wrong?

The last four I've had I've changed to UVCs

First I have heard Dave ( will find out and let you know ) personally I doubt it .
Changing to unvented is the way forward apart from the dreaded discharge pipe.

It was the UKs biggest UVC manu who told me...

Doing my last ever next week too. Taking a thermal store with solar out due cos the solar is utterly unreliable and the wasted energy through the store shocking. Cupboard temp permanently 45 degs C!

Will replace with with two separate OSO UVCs. The second will come on line automatically every 4 days to pasturise but when they need it (when the house is full of kids back from uni). All they do is press a single button to double capacity;)

It was the UKs biggest UVC manu who told me...

Doing my last ever next week too. Taking a thermal store with solar out due cos the solar is utterly unreliable and the wasted energy through the store shocking. Cupboard temp permanently 45 degs C!

Will replace with with two separate OSO UVCs. The second will come on line automatically every 4 days to pasturise but when they need it (when the house is full of kids back from uni). All they do is press a single button to double capacity;)

Just rang my pal , I wont say were he works on here but hes on technical at a large cylinder manufacturer . Hes heard nothing about it but did say the new ERP regs on cylinders have caused a load of problems etc etc .

Hmm. Thanks. Perhaps its a ***min? Anyhow they waste shed loads of energy so would have gone down same route regardless.

Hmm. Thanks. Perhaps its a ***min? Anyhow they waste shed loads of energy so would have gone down same route regardless.

There’s thousands of them in city center apartments around the country , no way they will stop making them , IMO of course

Thanks for the replies guys, forgot to mention its going in a flat. Also I don`t have g3 so can`t even think of unvented plus wanted to give customer as near as poss a straight swap. Was thinking of TRISTOR MANUAL FILL, anything better/cheaper/easier to fit ?
thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Thermal store replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi - I have a Telford's Tristar Thermal store with a Caleffi 533..h PRV set to 3 bar. The PRV doesn't appear to be drop tight, so static rises from 3 bar to 5.6 bar when no flow. When I had the thermostat replaced on the cylinder recently the plumber doing the job suggested I should...
Replies
Views
According to the manufacturer's information OV PULSAcoil thermal stores are primarily designed for use with on/off peak electricity but also have two open pipe spigots (NO internal coil) for flow and return from an additional heat source e.g. a heat only boiler. The 180 store comes with a...
Replies
Views
Hi, Solar thermal not so big these days but a couple of Q for anyone who still works in it. Background. I'm an Electrician not a plumber.. I've been maintaining my otherwise excellent solar thermal (Original install MCS by Others), for the last ~ 18 years, over which time I've needed to clean...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock