Search the forum,

Discuss thermal camera in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambrosia

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
whats the best value for money thermal camera

I personally dont know pal, but saw one as part of a app thing on an i-phone and couldnt believe how good it was .

was that the 'FLIR ONE Personal Thermal Imager' I was looking at those

What are they used for other than cold spots on rads that you can feel with your hand anyway?

I saw radionics are doing free apple iPad minis with fluke models. May b dear but if your company's paying you'll get a free iPad to keep or pass on as a pressie for the missus or kids, or for yourself!

You can use them to find leaks, find electrical problems, heat losses in flues, buildings etc.....

You can see if your farts are warm

It's endless

Would anyone highly recommend the flir one for iPhone? I've a spare 5s. Or would it be better to go for the likes of a flir e4 etc?

I wouldnt recommend the e4 over the one.
They both have the same thermal resolution but it looks better on the 5s screen as its a quality screen.
(Sure the e4 has a few more functions if you must have these functions)
So save some money there.
I just sold me one/5s combo to a member on here.
For the cost you cant knock it.
I now have an e8

So you'd recommend the one instead of the e4? Basically it'll be used for powerflushing and possibly finding pipes for zoning purposes

I only sold mine on because i got an e8 for an offer i couldn't refuse

Cheers thanks. Only starting to do powerflushing so be a smaller investment if it doesn't take off!!

Probably easily sold if I was to upgrade to a stand-alone unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to thermal camera in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am after an advice, please. We have a vertical radiator from Reina, Evie, that heats up only 2nd column fully, 1,3 and 4 are lukewarm. I borrowed a thermal camera and attached is the thermal image. System is balanced, there doesn't seem to be air coming out of the bleeding valve and was...
Replies
Views
I have purchased a thermal camera as my valliant engineer has stated that there is a leak in the property. Struggling to find it however the images attached from the kitchen look suspect. Any advice welcome.
Replies
Views
Morning, Does anybody know what happens to a solar thermal flat panels (a pair on south facing slate roof) that have been unused for at least 12 months possibly year before also. System has been switched of due to loss of pressure. How will last years heat wave conditions have effected the panel...
Replies
Views
Background 24 apartments are equipped with thermal stores of (100 to 150 litres) with immersion heater capability. Individual demand of each apartment for domestic hot water varies greatly in timing and volume. Thus the oil boiler is required to work for long periods which is uneconomical...
Replies
Views
How a thermal store boiler works! I’ve got an old thermal store boiler and I’m trying to work out how it works. From what I understand the boiler keeps hot water at a steady temperature in the boiler whilst cold water enters into a coil which is held inside the hot water and this heats the cold...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock