Search the forum,

Discuss There could be trouble ahead in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

townfanjon

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I heard this was happening but my god , these are major fines . New speeding fines are coming in any minute, SLOW DOWN ( personally I drive like a nutter )

Yep

1mph over limit 50% of your wage for the week

11mph over limit 100% " " " "

21 mph + over limit 150% plus points / suspended for x amount of days

Nothing like hiding bad news ideas with us distracted by Brexit .

( paid a Bus lane fine in town other day , hoping speeding and parking ones will leave me alone !

Me and a pal of mine end up ready to thump each other about the gov/ mobile / speeding fines etc etc , he is 100 % convinced they raise them to make money . I dont like it but I actually think the fines are a good idea and are there to help reduce accidents and save lifes ( cue the abuse lol )

Where you getting the intel jon?

Daughter pal , but it has been kept quiet it carrys on from the mobile fine increase back in March , theres a few in for a shock , might aswell flog mi Cobra , Pfffftttttt

Daughter pal , but it has been kept quiet it carrys on from the mobile fine increase back in March , theres a few in for a shock , might aswell flog mi Cobra , Pfffftttttt
Road Angel? (whatever their called nowadays) the camera warning devices.

Can't do 1 mph over limit, speedos aren't clever enough, wind, rain, road conditions, tyre pressures etc, that's why they allow 10% now.

Can't do 1 mph over limit, speedos aren't clever enough, wind, rain, road conditions, tyre pressures etc, that's why they allow 10% now.

Why does it say for 20mph 21-30 mph band a then

Think that's just to show if your over the limit then the fines start, but, speedos are not syncd on an annual basis, which is what at the moment it is 10% usually plus a couple of mph.
So 50 would be 55 +2 = 57 mph.
Tyre pressures are usually what is used, four tyres not all the correct pressures has quite an effect on the cars speed.

• Agree
Reactions: Dan
So how's this new speeding fine going to work on say, some regular law breaking drug user who hasn't a driving licence or insurance or mot and doing twice the speed limit?
What are they going to fine him? He won't have a salary to base a fine on.

Ill just have to get the other half to do all of the fast driving. She doesn't work so can't get fined :)

So how's this new speeding fine going to work on say, some regular law breaking drug user who hasn't a driving licence or insurance or mot and doing twice the speed limit?
What are they going to fine him? He won't have a salary to base a fine on.
He will need to take a loan to pay that off :)

The problem is there are less coppers on the road.

My friends in the car scene run these.

License plate protector / stealth number plate / 007 bond style | eBay

BoltsBolts MANUAL Hide Away Number Plate Flippers. Show'n'Go. Universal. | eBay

Euro Metal High QUALITY License plate number FLIPPER cover shifter hide rotate | eBay

Flip it away with a key fob when they boot it down and motorway, avoiding all average speed cams and anything facing them, even let coppers past from behind and flip it back and slow down a bit.

And that's the problem with fines. Less on the beat.

Not a single person who has been caught speeding and sent a fine was stopped from speeding.

Yet if they use furniture in the road layout, better junctions, and other clever designs they can prevent most.

But they don't want to.

I used to run the Staffs Speed Camera Facebook page we would share locations of mobile speed camera vans.

Our page saved more lives than those vans did. Hiding a van around a bend has never stopped a speeder. Park them in full view and you'll slow them all down. But they never do eh

I'm struggling to find this on any reputable news sites so I'm kinda thinking it's just somebody trying to sell tabloids lol

Pretty sure it was an artical on Top Gear a few years back, relating to a country in europe i think.

Just found this comment on the Evo blog Linked to above.

3 months ago

This article is incredibly inaccurate. There is no minimum ÂŁ100 fine. That's something he made up and the author can't spell the word licence. The important point, apparently completely missed, is that the new guidelines only apply if court proceedings are instituted.

The 36/30 example is ridiculous. 36/30 is a speed awareness course or otherwise a ÂŁ100 fixed penalty and 3 points endorsement. 36/30 doesn't involve court proceedings and an income based fine - and it won't in future. The only reason 36/30 would go to court is if the accused didn't pay the ÂŁ100 fixed penalty or wasn't eligible for a fixed penalty - because he has 9 or more points within 3 years of the latest offence.

The new guidelines are near identical to the existing guidelines - but only the highest category changes from Band B to Band C.

Drive at speeds up to and incuding 95/70 and the police will offer you the chance to pay a fixed penalty. Absolutely nothing to do with your income. The same applies to speeds up to and including 49/30. This is not changing.

Also, mobile phone "fines" are not increasing to ÂŁ200. The fixed penalty will increase from ÂŁ100 to ÂŁ200.

Applies from 24 th April , law changes - salary percentages .
So many papers are saying .
We need news to cheer us up ! (not this )

People who live month to month as it is will struggle. I bet places like Wonga will be loving the new rules.

.... speedos are not syncd on an annual basis, which is what at the moment it is 10% usually plus a couple of mph....

Sounds like a business opportunity for kwit--fitts !

(Old car read 10% Under . New one with current Fresh tyres
Inflated a tad hard .... Is spot on
(according to one of those -you need to climb this hill )
(stupidly sited -Shows your speed traps ..)

(RUD---Sunday drivers slowing -EVEN more RUD-off)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to There could be trouble ahead in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a 2 pump hot water tank (Flomax 180L fitted in '94) in airing cupboard system with an Ideal classic boiler (downstairs next to an external wall) which for the most part seems to provide excellent hot water. The central heating also works fine - though sometimes I think the radiuators...
Replies
Views
Hello! Im Martyn Im new here and have joined for some advice on a couple of things. Ive got an issue with a Mira mixer shower that has increasingly become harder to operate. The shower was installed before I moved into the house. Basically what happens is that I turn the shower on so there's...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring, probably not been used until recently now it's colder. When heating is called for, the boiler fires up ok but soon shuts down the heater as the...
Replies
Views
I
I've had my tado system in my new build for 5 years now and it's been fine. Yesterday morning I changed the batteries on the second floor thermostat and now it's not switching on the boiler to heat that floor. The thermostat display is fine and the app is fine. All systems say they are fine and...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I have a Grundfos SoloLift2 WC1 on a toilet and since a few months the impeller keeps getting stuck. I was quite happy to unblock it myself using the service shaft above the motor and a long screwdriver, but it keeps happening roughly once every month. When stuck, it makes a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock