Search the forum,

Discuss The Water Act 2003 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kapicitta

Introduction: I am writing this out as I understand it to be; I hope to cover the water supply (water fittings) regulations 1999 and the private water regulations 2009 later on. If I make any mistakes on the information etc. please correct me and I may have some questions along the way which require answering, so any help is greatly appreciated.

The water Act 2003 brought together 2 previous pieces of legislation. These were the Water industry Act and the Water Resources Act.They deal with matters such as:

• The regulation of water and sewage companies aswell as licensed water suppliers by the Water Services Regulation Authority(Ofwat)
  • The water supply and sewage disposal powers and duties of the water companies and suppliers
  • The obligations of the water companies and licensed water suppliers to supply water that is fit for human consumption and the enforcement of those obligations by DEFRA and the drinking water inspectorate.
  • The charging powers of water companies and suppliers and the control of charges by Ofwat
  • The protection of customers and consumers byOfwat and the Consumer Council for Water

Ofwat is the Water Services Regulation Authority.

DEFRA is the Department for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The Water Act 2003 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
The Energy Price Cap in the UK: Balancing Affordability and Sustainability Introduction The United Kingdom's energy price cap has been a topic of both praise and debate since its implementation. Introduced as a measure to protect consumers from excessively high energy bills, the price cap...
Replies
Views
NEW Water Regulations Guide New Edition 3rd Edition Now Available Water Regulations Guide Third Edition The essential guide to the legislation affecting water supply installations in the UK Incorporating DETR guidance and water industry recommendations together with clear illustrations in...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to replace, says National Gas chief Jonathan Leake14 January 2024 • 5:49pm Mr Butterworth, chief executive of National Gas, says the network is powered by...
Replies
Views
Imagine what life would be like without a modern plumbing system. How would you cope without running water or flushing toilets? Water is the most essential nutrient for life on earth; it forms the basis of a healthy diet and lifestyle. The world today with its large, high-density population...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
WITH ALL THE REGULATIONS IN PLACE THESE DAYS, WE MUST BE SAFER NOW. AS YOU WILL SEE FROM THE (CO) CHART AT THE BOTTOM WITH ALL THE SAFER DESIGNS OF BOILERS ALL THE CONTROLLING BODIES, BELOW SMOKE ALARMS LESS OPEN FIRES HAVE WE ACHIEVED ANYTHING BY BEING GAS REGISTERED THERE ARE OVER 200000 ROAD...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock