Search the forum,

Discuss The ultimate Intergas virgin freebie boiler thread in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping if the name begins with C then their safe......I am slightly biased though

I can confirm that only one of the final two will have a name beginning with C

Good luck guys, only four left.

This is where it gets interesting.

Factoid of the day.

Solutions real first name ends with an "m"

Hammers real first name ends with an "m"

Of the two finalists, only one of their first names ends with an "m"

I wonder if either of the other two have names ending in "m". Actually, I don't wonder, because I know.

Heh heh

Now, before we get all excited about kicking people out, lets reflect on the 10 year warranty enjoyed by the Intergas ECO-RF range from 1st July.

Obviously there are terms and conditions, and I think we all wonder exactly what percent of boilers get serviced annually every year for the first 10 years of life (apart from social housing).

So - is there a huge advantage to having 10 years instead of the 7 years enjoyed by the more common HRE range?

And how do you guys feel about being required to go on a course to access those bigger warranties? Does that work for you?

Good evening Ray, what have I missed?

Well, I left a really subtle clue about Anz being knocked out, but everyone missed it. <sigh>

And its clear that the final will be between someone, and someone else!

Well I have to admit that sometimes you can be too subtle my friend, for example going back 2yrs to select somebody and ask who and why that somebody should be selected was a touch too much. lol

Well I have to admit that sometimes you can be too subtle my friend, for example going back 2yrs to select somebody and ask who and why that somebody should be selected was a touch too much. lol

Maybe so. Was it really two years? I would have guessed 12 months, maybe 18 months tops.

Perhaps because it stuck in my mind as an example of gentlemanly conduct, I expected it to stick in others' minds also. Mea Culpa!

Maybe so but you had time and cunning on your side to plan whilst the boys were eager for a freebie so I guess any deep thinking or trying to second guess you was expecting too much.
How long did you have to plan out of interest?

Anything happened????

To answer your question about the 7/10 year warrantee. I hate them. They are good for selling boilers, but not good for the installer when after 9 years and 6 months, the customer rings up and says the boiler has stopped working and it's under guarantee. ( but has never been serviced since new) who do they call? Ghostbusters? No the installer.

Chalked that's tuff cheese for the customer. I got a email earlier that intergas will now be emailing and sending out reminders with your price of the service which means it's good for you.

I often wonder if long warranties will actually be honoured by the manufacturers at the later stages of the boilers lifespan.I also would say probably only half of customers get the boiler serviced yearly to continue with the warranty . The other half ask for a service after five years when an issue arises expecting you to back date it.

Warranty's for me are simply a means for me to sell a boiler it really doesn't matter to me beyond that what they do or don't honour as I make it clear to the customer that a warranty is like most insurance assume its worthless and covers nothing and you will be pleasantly surprised if it in fact does cover you in the event of a part failure. I do wish however that boiler warranty's were essentially a return to base for refund style parts replacement scheme that any engineer could make use of providing the affected boiler was within warranty. Perhaps if you agreed with the manufacturer a set rate that you would charge the customer for a warranty repair and they provide the replacement part for free as long as the faulty part is returned. And the customer just applied for the repair charge as a rebate from the manufacturer.

Beer time I think.

Except not for me. I've voluntarily taken a week off.

Going for a messy one tomorrow.

Three men in a boat.......no wait that's not right I meen three eager plumbers

Think you were on the right lines Ch4.
Three plumbers up the swannie with no control over their destiny which is soley in the hands of the evil minded shopkeeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The ultimate Intergas virgin freebie boiler thread in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock