Search the forum,

Discuss The ultimate Intergas virgin freebie boiler thread in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mrs S is tucked up in bed, with hot water bottle etc.

I have 10 minutes wind down time. Time enough (and to spare) to crush the hopes of a Chalked. Or indeed an Anz. Or a hammers, ch4 or solutions.

Oh, how the fragile yachts of their hopes blow around the rocky harbour of their own destruction...

Sorry - was that a bit too poetic?
Nice to hear a man who loves his work

As a side issue, I note that this thread now has more than four thousand, two hundred views.

The other day, we discussed the whole idea of only four moving parts. Was it a good thing? The consensus seemed to be that whilst it might be a bit of a marketing gimmick, generally speaking, less to go wrong could be an advantage.

What about the inclusion of a RF programmable stat ? Combis have come with clocks for years, and more recently manufacturers have offered programmable stats as optional extras, but this is the first that I can recall where the honeywell base station is included in the boiler case, and the stat part is thrown in FOC. Thats about £100 worth of freebie?

Is it something that you guys would value?

As a side issue, I note that this thread now has more than four thousand, two hundred views.

The other day, we discussed the whole idea of only four moving parts. Was it a good thing? The consensus seemed to be that whilst it might be a bit of a marketing gimmick, generally speaking, less to go wrong could be an advantage.

What about the inclusion of a RF programmable stat ? Combis have come with clocks for years, and more recently manufacturers have offered programmable stats as optional extras, but this is the first that I can recall where the honeywell base station is included in the boiler case, and the stat part is thrown in FOC. Thats about £100 worth of freebie?

honestly no
I find customers hate room stats over complicated for them most I do happy just to have an on off switch

L

Yes , definitely a good inclusion.

honestly no
I find customers hate room stats over complicated for them most I do happy just to have an on off switch

A room thermostat must be fitted to all installations.

I agree that trv'is offer greater room control and programable stats can be a pain to set. But you do need one as a interlink for boiler cycling.

A room thermostat must be fitted to all installations.

I agree that trv'is offer greater room control and programable stats can be a pain to set. But you do need one as a interlink for boiler cycling.

doesn't stop customers putting them in their handbags tho and taking them out on daytrips

I'd rather have the choice then be governed by what the manufacturer chucks in the box.

Anyway, when's this rapid thing showing its face, can't find any details anywhere?

Oops.

The rep's been talking about it for ages, it just didn't have an official name at the time.

Yes the wireless stat particularly a relatively solid brand (honeywell) being included is a big plus. Particularly as I understand the base is capable of operating with several different models of prog stat, although not simultaneously of course.
But for me the fundamental plus has got to be the copper Heat exchanger path ways. It's potentially the perfect hex for the majority of uk retro fits as so much less susceptable to blocking with muck, which shouldn't be present after a pro install, but sooner or later is.

Last edited:
that is a massive point I have over looked. I am a Honeywell man normally 927 so the fact it's build it will not only will it save you money it will save time no external wires. But the big plus that has been missed by everyone is that because its on the boiler case that will be covered in the 10 year warranty so it's a win win win

Seems like a good idea, I normally fit the rf receiver beneath the boiler which can look a little untidy at times, I only fit the Worcester ones if asked as TBH I think they are too expensive for a lot of people.

Evening Ray, hope Mrs S is ok cheers for the money off code today

i aint going nowhere got my foot wedge in pack of frozen peas due to plantar fasilitis so will be nosing in on my in or out progress

Right, here we go then.

Who's sorry bum should get kicked out?

Who do we have left?

CH4, Chalked, Hammers and Solutions.

Hmmmm.

Would you like a clue?

Tut tut ray surely a chat and a drink first

Although I am making this sound like a date so maybe as you were

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The ultimate Intergas virgin freebie boiler thread in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the issue. When I first made contacted enviromental health I was told the following Could be my drains and to have my drains checked. Could be the sewers...
Replies
Views
We heard about Intergas boilers from a family member who has just had one installed. The gas fitter he used raves about them saying how reliable they are. What are you forum members thoughts on them? . Only having 4 moving parts is appealing. The Rapid 32 model looks good value at around £700...
Replies
Views
I have posted a few times, mainly regarding my indecision to go for either an Ideal or an Intergas open vent boiler. Having taken note of comments here and having, today, visited [with my installer] a local Plumbase shop to see the area Representative/Contracts Manager displaying an Xclusive...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've looked through old threads on similar questions, however i was hoping for advice regarding our house project. When i've read threads before when people have asked similar questions - some people say that the Veismann Stored combi is a great boiler and would be adequate, however most...
Replies
Views
Hi guys So basically what happened is an engineer came out to my mums a week ago to do her annual gas safety check, shes a disabled bed bound OAP so on these occassions i have to go to the property to let the engineer in to do the job, she lives in a council property in London. So guy turns up...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock