Search the forum,

Discuss The Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) Announcement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can give the figures for the up front payments which is £850 for Air Source, £300 for Solar Thermal etc. But short of guessing you can only go off the commercial rates and then estimate how much higher they are going to be.

Been looking at the quality sytems that have to be in place for MCS accreditation.......if it wasn't so serious it would be hilarious. Especially like the internal review where I would hold a regular meeting (at least quarterly) with myself and document said meeting. Thought it was bad enough when your on site talking to yourself, now you have to write down what your talking to yourself about. Definitely aimed at jobs for the boys and no good unless you are a pretty big company. The training and assessments are too expensive, the quality management system you would have to have in place would eat up a tremendous amount of time and money to maintain all to the detriment to the client. I just can't see how as a sole trader a quality management system would benefit or give the client a better job.

Might be an opening for developing a sole trader MCS accreditation kit!

Hi SimonG,

We have supported an awful lot of single employee installers through MCS Certification and once you have the procedures in place there is a common set you follow for each customer which shouldn't be too taxing. The quarterly review is to ensure you are operating to the most current standards, your procedures are up to date and you can review the systems you have in place. If you didn't hold the quarterly review then when the inspector came around in 12 months you may have missed any changes that should have been made?

Hi Gents, What a commotion. THIS SAYS IT ALL . . . . I was called today by a large installer of solar thermal and ashp's, they asked if I could take on some maintenance work as they had customers with maintenance needs. they dont do repairs and servicing!!! ALL they are interested in is the kill on the install, customer service can go hang. The MCS is registering the wrong people, its gonna be just like the double glazing gold rush of the 1980's all over again, mis-selling, misleading con men running round the country getting little old ladies to sign on the dotted line.
The government will pull the entire scheme within the next 2 years and I doubt that ashp's will ever be included, they are just not efficient enough. Why are so many organisations/quango's involved . . . . . DECC, Energy Saving Trust, Ofgem, MCS, Central government and the EU, IF you really want to get involved with that little lot ... GOOD LUCK!!

I'm mcs and I've seen so much attempted mis selling recently its untrue. Today's was ashp on 2 bed bungalow. Asked have they had any other quotes one was 14kw daiken unit. Heat loss for house is 6kw. Also following a lot of ****e solar installs around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) Announcement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock