Search the forum,

Discuss the perfect boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambrosia

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
driving along day dreaming and bored (worst thing about my job, all the driving)

and i'm trying to put together the perfect boiler, so far I'm thinking;

ntc from vaillant, they never go wrong,
fan from remeha never changed one of them so they must be good
pcb from worcester, i know i pig about worcesters but their pcbs are good
plate heat, vokera, curve ball but i like the way theyre insulated
flue, keston, has to be and i'm not expecting anyone to disagree on this one
gas valve, baxi

so now i'm stuck on diverter valve, pump and the all important heat exchanger, i was thinking vissemann but not sure

oh and case, i was thinking ideal as they are a quiet boiler, but dont have access from the sides

gas valve baxi ??? Changed loads of them they even sued the company who manufactured them .

Worcester pcb go faulty daily as well

Worcester pcb go faulty daily as well
older ones yes, newer greenstar etc seem good to me

gas valve i was struggling with, but ecoblue and platinum i havent changed many whereas vaillant worcesters i've done loads

Perfect boiler ...... Viessmann , the end !! Lol
nooooooo, terrible customer service, flow and return rubber hose, same have to take everything out as worcester type system, overly complicated controls, some have no pressure gauge and theyre too expensive

Heat exchanger intergas, then don't need diverter
not comfortable with those twin pass heat exchanger, also not enough market share so parts in the future could become hard to get

ambrosia;866321not comfortable with those twin pass heat exchanger said:
Oh thee of little faith, just think no more cut pinkies replacing WB plate hexes

Perfect boiler for me would be one that costsÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁ to supply, and breaks down every three months so I can repair it lol

has to be a grundfos pump,none of this a rated tripe though,good old 15/60 selectric,as for a heat exchanger,i am not going to say giacomini ,veissman for the larger waterways,diverter either the baxi 105,cheap to fix or a giacomini type fitted in the earlier duotec HE with ptfe o rings

Last edited by a moderator:
nooooooo, terrible customer service, flow and return rubber hose, same have to take everything out as worcester type system, overly complicated controls,

Terrible customer service lol, you need to meet my regional guy , second to non . I am with you on the hoses though , orrible things . Complicated controls Pfftttt they cant be , I can set them up lol.

I quite like the diverters on the Greenstars, easy to fix, complete kit with motor is cheapish and most times you can clean the rubber seal off and it's fine.

I quite like the diverters on the Greenstars, easy to fix, complete kit with motor is cheapish and most times you can clean the rubber seal off and it's fine.

Isn't it one screw and one electrical plug? Better than an Alpha..... Lost 3 hours of my life to one Friday....

Atag have created such a range of boilers, the only thing i can complain about is.... there is nothing to complain about.

not recent tho so they must be leaving them too it (round 2014-2015 i think )

Atag have created something very special, book a visit from the rep its worth it.

I boiler switches off after a year and has to have a service reset by registered engineer.
Plus also make a good cup of tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to the perfect boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey there I'm looking for some advice on a potential issue I'm having with an old back boiler. So just moved into my parents' old house with my partner, it's a terrace with back to back chimneys in the kitchen and the sitting room. The fireplace in the kitchen is the old back boiler that hasn't...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, i've just moved into a property last month and begun to take note of things that may need attention. One of which is the feed to a 35kw system boiler appears to be in 22mm flexible steel pipe (tractpipe, or teslaflex or w/e). Distance from the meter is only 4m-5m or so, and I assume...
Replies
Views
Hi I seek some advice on replacing an existing regular boiler. I currently have an old Potterton 10-16 Netaheat electronic, which is around 35 years old and still working OK. It is fitted to a std 'Y' plan system with boiler in utility room and separate hot water tank, pump, valve etc in...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few threads on a few different forums but I wanted to share a full write-up with all the steps needed, benefits and costs. Overall, I fully recommend...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to sort all of my rads and do some other bits including fitting a filter but I'm stumped on how to drain down due to how the system is put together...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock