Search the forum,

Discuss The Green Deal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hour getting gear out of van lol you serious
Analyse, burner pressures gas rate same time and how long does it take to explain couple buttons !
Besides tennant are idiots and cant even read half the time, next job five mins away materials all rhere waiting

Up your game and its goid coin still wouldnt work fir 130 thats a joke

why aren't you still doing it then ?

good doe, an your smashing it why stop ?

Two reasons money is less now hence why I was saying 130 devalued your trade

Secondly I get some big installs which I prefer

Oh and third reason tennants do my head in

the green deal is funded through the cust paying via energy bill so it is not funded in fact ists more costly than getting loan or putting it on your mortgage .Oh and this stays with your house so if you sell it the new owner takes up your debt ,.

also hearing that this free boiler eco is not free either !!!

also i am hearing that payments are slow

the green deal is funded through the cust paying via energy bill so it is not funded in fact ists more costly than getting loan or putting it on your mortgage .Oh and this stays with your house so if you sell it the new owner takes up your debt ,.

also hearing that this free boiler eco is not free either !!!

also i am hearing that payments are slow

Who an how do you actually get paid if you have this pas 2030

Of course under the ECO scheme the boilers are not free. We all pay for it through our Gas & Leccy bills. There's no smoke & mirrors it's all on-line for you to read.

I've replaced the boilers in 15 of the my properties I Let out already & will do the remainder directly.

The energy companies pay you after submitting paper work takes 30-38 days

How do you get the funding off the energy companies?
From my research I've only found one or two green Deal providers who have actually got funding set aside for the ECO, but can't find exactly how to contact the energy companies direct for the money.

How do you get the funding off the energy companies?
From my research I've only found one or two green Deal providers who have actually got funding set aside for the ECO, but can't find exactly how to contact the energy companies direct for the money.
Are you asking as an installer mate?

It's my understanding that unfortunately there's several 'middle men' between the Power Companies & the Installers.
So my advice is to find a good middle man, that will pay you, at a fair price for the job & looks for quality work.

Guys,

I'm just finishing getting registered with my pas 2030.
i have 2 providers 1 is a 1st tier provider and the other is a 2nd -3rd tier ( whatever that's worth?)
The 1st tier is a big company payment terms are good boiler steps air pretty good money however BBU conversions not o good and the other down fall I have to get my own work and thy want me to build up to a minimum of 10 pe week. The other firm provide the leads and do the assessments before i go out and do the survey, the draw back is payment terms aren't so good 45 days from install and I'm supplying everything!! I'm liking th 1st company lot more. But need to get the leads and pay or the assessment to be done, long term I intend to do the GDA course myself but it takes a fair investment both time and money.
hows everybody else getting on with the ECO deal ?

Who did you do your certification with? What was the assessment like?
The provider with the 10 leads at a time sounds familiar.
Would it be possible for you to email or pm the details on these providers and the rates?

I'm hopefully going to get my QMS finished next week and then up for assessment, but I won't pay for the assessment until I'm sure that there is money from a provider available for the jobs.

Tommydiehard are you willing to run a debt up of 45 boiler installs before being paid a penny?

Thats dangerous

Guys,

I'm just finishing getting registered with my pas 2030.
i have 2 providers 1 is a 1st tier provider and the other is a 2nd -3rd tier ( whatever that's worth?)
The 1st tier is a big company payment terms are good boiler steps air pretty good money however BBU conversions not o good and the other down fall I have to get my own work and thy want me to build up to a minimum of 10 pe week. The other firm provide the leads and do the assessments before i go out and do the survey, the draw back is payment terms aren't so good 45 days from install and I'm supplying everything!! I'm liking th 1st company lot more. But need to get the leads and pay or the assessment to be done, long term I intend to do the GDA course myself but it takes a fair investment both time and money.
hows everybody else getting on with the ECO deal ?

What does 2nd - 3rd tier mean

Just got an email through glow worm club energy . Paying 1500 quid to install flexicoms .i do believe thats minus parts and boiler. Dont have to be pas 2030 either i believe.
They pay within within 30 days. hope this helps gotta be better than subbying

Just got an email through glow worm club energy . Paying 1500 quid to install flexicoms .i do believe thats minus parts and boiler. Dont have to be pas 2030 either i believe.
They pay within within 30 days. hope this helps gotta be better than subbying
I had this aswell
If you go to the link for the website, it says:
[h=3]How do I become an accredited installer?[/h]Glow-worm are using the Green Deal Consortia to co-ordinate installations by Club Energy Installers. Green Deal Consortia will undertake the free survey and ensure your customers eligibility so there is no risk to yourself - you simply have to turn up and install the new Flexicom boiler once the work has been approved.

All ECO work is part of the Green Deal and therefore requires the PAS 2030 qualification. As a member of Club ECO you will be able to install ECO jobs whilst working towards your PAS 2030 qualification. To make getting PAS 2030 as easy as possible we have teamed up with Easy Green Deal. When you have signed up to Club ECO you will be sent details on how to book for Easy Green Deal PAS 2030 support.

Bugger i aint read anything else other than the email. Still will have a read later.

I went on to sign up, then spotted that.
I would imagine you can install them but they pay you till your PAS2030
I wonder how much it costs?

i went through the sign up process and gave up what a pain in the aristotle they want this and they want that.

I'm talking to Glowworm about this at the moment - if anyone has any questions they want asking, or feedback that they want to get directly to the management at Glowworm, just let me know.

Ray

yeah the sign up process just isn't geared upto one man bands and anybody who isn't registered. it's also asking for asking for health and safety policies and other documents.

also asking for vat reg no's as a must fill entry when not everyone is vat registered and bank account details and no info of the cost to get pas 2030 certified just we can work towards.

That said fitted 6 boilers in last 3 weeks so poss picking maybe we dont need eco or the green deal

I work for a company at the moment, i get work all week and I'm paid weekly. The company still haven't recieved payment yet from the funders, when they say 40 days they mean 40 business days, so don't count saturday and sunday. The company must be out an absolute fortune at the moment, luckily this isnt there only source of income and the boss is prepared to take the risk, but we have loads of people working in a call centre who get the leads and about 10 install teams and expanding.

We survey the jobs along with energy assessors, we've had a few donkeys doing the surveys so trying to talk the company into having dedicated surveyors who want off the tools to stick to surveys, ÂŁ30 a survey! We drop money by doing surveys 1 day a week instead of an install.

we also have tons of paperwork and have to take about 5 different pictures lol

I'm happy as it's all combi swaps most are easy and good money better than I've had from other contracts, still tryin to get funding for system conversions and BBU conversions

ÂŁ65 is the standard survey fee mate. I hope your not being short changed on the installs. Are you working for Solar King Q67?

i think the energy assessors get roughly about that but for us that only survey the boiler its ÂŁ30, and ÂŁ250 a boiler, if you know anyone who is paying better than that point me in their direction lol

That said fitted 6 boilers in last 3 weeks so poss picking maybe we dont need eco or the green deal

To be honest, looking at the sum total of all government schemes over the last 10 years, I think that industry would have been better off without most of them. The only honourable exception was the boiler scrappage scheme, because the admin was minimal and every installer had a fair crack at the whip.

To be honest, looking at the sum total of all government schemes over the last 10 years, I think that industry would have been better off without most of them. The only honourable exception was the boiler scrappage scheme, because the admin was minimal and every installer had a fair crack at the whip.

You've got to agree though that this ECO scheme is better than the previous Warmfront scheme, where only one company got the money.

You've got to agree though that this ECO scheme is better than the previous Warmfront scheme, where only one company got the money.

Fair point. My concern is that they hedge it round with so much admin that many of the smaller installers will be scared off. I believe that this is a deliberate tactic. It appeals to both the mandarins in Whitehall, and the "industry figures" that they consult with - which are almost exclusively the big players who have whole departments capable of dealing with it.

Its just a form of rent-seeking - it doesn't add anything for either the industry or the public - it just skews business in favour of those who have the ear of policymakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The Green Deal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock