Search the forum,

Discuss The Green Deal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the guys that are installing at the moment can't be installing for the green Deal.

There hasn't been any installs carried out on the Green Deal yet, just inspections because they've got money issues or something.

All these installs will probably be on the eco scheme.

Whats the difference between the 2 ?

Eco scheme is if your a scumbag layabout you get free boiler, green deal is for anyone who wishes to devalue their home by putting works cost against your house

Eco is like the old warm front, except there isn't just one company doing all the installs. Any of us can get a slice of the pie.

With green Deal the cost is paid monthly by the householder via there electricity bill.

Eco is warm front replacement. Lads are getting between £130-350 per install you get to keep scrap etc, had ideal rep pushing it via my answer phone earlier

read in the paper today that the number of green deal installs is zero, zilch nada!. you might as well throw money down the drain than get involved in this white elephant!

As said, the ECO affordable warmth scheme is not the same as the Green Deal.

Is this pas2030 training worth taking ? The Eco one seems to be taking off more than the green deal ?

I think if I were 20 years younger I'd do it & take on 5-6 subbies to do the installs for me. I'm not sure about other parts of the UK, but here in Scotland it's really taken off. One guy I know is doing £1M a month!! Oh it'll end in tears when the work dries up, but if he can make lots of money & not be daft with it he'll be sorted for life.

Theres a few cowboys out there so be careful who you work for!!

I think if I were 20 years younger I'd do it & take on 5-6 subbies to do the installs for me. I'm not sure about other parts of the UK, but here in Scotland it's really taken off. One guy I know is doing £1M a month!! Oh it'll end in tears when the work dries up, but if he can make lots of money & not be daft with it he'll be sorted for life.

Theres a few cowboys out there so be careful who you work for!!

i know someone who has ****loads of the Eco work an basically he's going to subby it to me...

I was under the illusion that to do the work yourself, there was **** loads of paperwork, loads of costs etc...

The eco deal in southwest has gone ballistic a friendof mine is subbying out 50 boilers a week , he knows its going to dry up soon so is making hay whilst sun shines .

If you are doing subbie work just make sure you get paid every week. Don't get used by any contractor to help their cash flow. And remember, it'll only last a short while, so don't be the mug that never got their last payment.

On the Eco, straight swap, hot an cold flush (that's what's your asked to do), leave on temp an make good around your flue... What should be looking at ?? £170 - £230 ish ?

theirs loads of it going on round here and prices i have been offered are £80 - £250 per swap

Register details with them and you can provide custards with a free boiler providing they meet the affordable warmth criteria. They give you 1500 minus whatever boiler and controls you buy. They deal with the grant side of things.
The remainder is for pipe and sundries and your fee is what's left.
That's my understanding anyway.

It will help the little guys stay afloat and its in the interest of the manufacturers to do this also as The 'firms' rinsing the eco schemes will favour a particular cheap shiddy boiler like the eaga/isar combination:rolleyes:

So manufacturers if they want to jeep selling boilers need to make sure the independents keep going and can provide a choice. Undertaking the grant thing in an installer behalf is one such way and imo if all manufacturers follow suit it will be the 'thrown at the wall by monkeys, firms that will suffer

So who pays us ? Gloworm give you the boiler an then your wage ?

Register details with them and you can provide custards with a free boiler providing they meet the affordable warmth criteria. They give you 1500 minus whatever boiler and controls you buy. They deal with the grant side of things.
The remainder is for pipe and sundries and your fee is what's left.
That's my understanding anyway.

It will help the little guys stay afloat and its in the interest of the manufacturers to do this also as The 'firms' rinsing the eco schemes will favour a particular cheap shiddy boiler like the eaga/isar combination:rolleyes:

So manufacturers if they want to jeep selling boilers need to make sure the independents keep going and can provide a choice. Undertaking the grant thing in an installer behalf is one such way and imo if all manufacturers follow suit it will be the 'thrown at the wall by monkeys, firms that will suffer

So who pays us ? Gloworm give you the boiler an then your wage ?

theirs loads of it going on round here and prices i have been offered are £80 - £250 per swap

Of course you'd go for the higher amount. The gas supply pipe upgrades & the condensate pipes routes are the two biggest head aches on straight swops. So before you go to only job get feedback on that, it could save you an extra trip to pick up material. Most jobs have digi photos taken at the survey stage, so ask for them.

The further down the subbie, subbie, subbie chain you are the lower the install prices & the worst jobs are always given to a subbie. So if you're doing it for 80 sheets, you're way down the chain & going to get a manky house or a difficult install.
GET PAID!!!

Of course you'd go for the higher amount. The gas supply pipe upgrades & the condensate pipes routes are the two biggest head aches on straight swops. So before you go to only job get feedback on that, it could save you an extra trip to pick up material. Most jobs have digi photos taken at the survey stage, so ask for them.

The further down the subbie, subbie, subbie chain you are the lower the install prices & the worst jobs are always given to a subbie. So if you're doing it for 80 sheets, you're way down the chain & going to get a manky house or a difficult install.
GET PAID!!!

they aren't paying extra for the gas no ?

wont get me doing it cant be bothered with it all to much hassle , happy going round failing everyones work t the moment

wont get me doing it cant be bothered with it all to much hassle , happy going round failing everyones work t the moment

I can completely understand your view mate. However, there's plenty guys doing a quick combi swop, one a day & keeping their regular customers happy also. It's amazing how quick you can do them when you gets into the swing of it.
Just don't get sucked into the £80/install work, that's cr.p as detailed above.

I can completely understand your view mate. However, there's plenty guys doing a quick combi swop, one a day & keeping their regular customers happy also. It's amazing how quick you can do them when you gets into the swing of it.

i can't be ar#ed with this game anymore, getting people under cutting you, hard to get new work these days if you ask me. If someone wants to give me boiler swaps say 3 a week at least around £180 plus ill do it, working on your own these days is just getting harder an harder.

am also looking going offshore to br honest

easily do 2 a day and be home by four however i cant be arsed with it anymore , gimme servicing to go round and riddor all the green deal crap please

Offshore jobs are not easy to get either mate. And you're right this trade is knackered.

was chatting down plumb center today about this green deal /eco malarky and they were saying judging by early signs it dont look positive for one man bands said alot are struggling .

they were saying that although the work is coming down its via contractor /contractor so rates are crap also alot of one man bands have lost reg boiler upgrades because of it .

So what does it entail to get access to eco funding as a one man band. Do you have to just get green deal certified or be a green deal assesor certified and does anyone know what sort fundingis being given for straight swap combi before everyone takes a slice of the pie. A lot of info and all confusing

Also whats to stop us in the arms as a collective doing it ourselves. Cut all sharks out.surely it cant be that hard

As said, there's Subbie work out there. But be careful who you work for.

from what i gather if you do both eco and GD then its over 10 grands worth of paperwork hassle , i am not sure what the rates are direct from the energy companies tho

As said, there's Subbie work out there. But be careful who you work for.

thats not what i asked i want to know what funding is given for a straight swap combi etc before the money is cut up and trickles down to midddlemen etc.

why would i want to do subbie work. defeats the whole object of being self employed. i ain't lining the pocket of some middle man and taking all the responsibility for a few hundred quid. would rather go work for BG

from what i gather if you do both eco and GD then its over 10 grands worth of paperwork hassle , i am not sure what the rates are direct from the energy companies tho
i honestly think thats Chinese whispers.

you can get pas 2030 software for £300.00 plus VAT just need a agreeable missus or someone willing to do the paperwork. thats why i think we should get together as a collective and cut all the rest out.

One man band outfits are just getting killed to bits with this

thats exactly what they said down plumb center today , they said since this has properly started kicking off that one man bands work has died a death .

not thought through at all this scheme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The Green Deal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock