Search the forum,

Discuss The Green Deal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Q67 I can't reply with your thread mate, on the whole this forum is dead slow, but adding a quote would take ages to load. However, if your getting £250 per swop then your doing OK. Though the money for the boiler survey is a bit light!!

This ECO scheme is funded by the gas & Leccy bill payer, with Ofgen & the big six energy companies involved. In Scotland anyway the boiler scrapage scheme was Scottish Government funded.

lets see september/ocotber time who is funding this , if our energy bills take a hike then it us who is funding the scheme

Oh there's no doubt we(gas & leccy bill payers) are funding the ECO scheme mate.
I'm far from a noble person & a condensing boiler will not save you a fortune in gas, but if it helps OAPs in any small way to stay warm over the winter, well I think it's a good thing.

There's an amazing number of OAPs don't have TRVs or a Room Thermostat. Which in 2013 is a complete disgrace!!

I looked very much into the Green Deal when I first heard about it probably a year ago now. Decided it would be too money/hassle to get into being a one man band and the PAS2030 stuff (although I know it's a fair bit easier now than it was when I first looked at it).

But £130 a swap? Paid 40 days later? 2 combi swaps a day? Honestly, these things are totally alien to me.

I would rather give up the trade and go to work in a fast-food outlet than do a boiler change for £130. And I honestly cannot fathom how anyone can do a combi swap in under a day.

Maybe i'm at the other end of the market? I do work for a number of agents and lots, lots of landlords but always installed WB or Vaillants, w Magnacleans and every system powerflushed.
Never had to throw cheap crap at the wall for hardly a living wage.

I agree up to now I have always fitted vaillant with power flush and Magna clean but all this get a free boiler **** seems to have taken all the boilers as even if people are not able to get the free boiler they get the free boiler company out to see if they can get it and once they are in they quote and get the job as they are cheap because they mostly have cheap subbies access to heavily discounted boilers and are not power flushing as much as I hate doing this kind of work I don't see how we can't survive without doing it

I agree up to now I have always fitted vaillant with power flush and Magna clean but all this get a free boiler **** seems to have taken all the boilers as even if people are not able to get the free boiler they get the free boiler company out to see if they can get it and once they are in they quote and get the job as they are cheap because they mostly have cheap subbies access to heavily discounted boilers and are not power flushing as much as I hate doing this kind of work I don't see how we can't survive without doing it

Id focus on a different clientele.

stay clear over landords, estate agents if you do work for them.

concentate on people who value a good job being done properly an aren't constantly trying to knock you down

Our business model for greensteal meant we were more expensive on greensteal and Eco jobs. If custard couldn't get funding we would be 10 to 15 cheaper as no paperwork. Well other than the usual and you were getting psi same decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The Green Deal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock