Search the forum,

Discuss The dreaded tiled floor problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

townfanjon

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
..... I have never done this but cant see why it wont work .

Customer has a one pipe system and wants a small towel rad in a downstairs toilet, but I cant get under the floor to plumb the towel rad into the one pipe , but can get to the pipe by lifting another rooms floor , and sliding some micro bore under the tiled floor .
In other words I am taking Two tees off the same pipe and feeding the proposed towel rail , not ideal I know , anybody see any problems ???

Many thanks

Aslong as there swept / diverter tees then your fine

How long will the runs be from the tees? Also are the other rads in microbore? I haven't seen a one pipe system with microbore on it before.

I was nearly going to say it won't work, but as Shaun said, with swept tees it hopefully will.
Without swept tees the flow won't go through the rad.

How long will the runs be from the tees? Also are the other rads in microbore? I haven't seen a one pipe system with microbore on it before.

No pal , no others , I am just going to tee off the one pipe around 2 meters or less to a one off little towel rail, and then tee it back into the same pipe . Not good I know.

I was nearly going to say it won't work, but as Shaun said, with swept tees it hopefully will.
Without swept tees the flow won't go through the rad.

Yep swept tees will defo force the flow , good call from Shaun , but even without the swept tees I still think it could get warm through heat transfer . Poople who tile timber floors without access to pipes and wires should be made to watch a full season watching Bradford City , and then be shot .

Yep swept tees will defo force the flow , good call from Shaun , but even without the swept tees I still think it could get warm through heat transfer . Poople who tile timber floors without access to pipes and wires should be made to watch a full season watching Bradford City , and then be shot .

Definitely people who get their floors all tiled or hardwood on top and then ask for a radiator to be installed on a different wall, - should be brain scanned!
How different things used to be in the good old days when people mainly used carpets. :)
I don't think you would get heat transfer with one pipe connected with microbore using ordinary tees. Unless your rad was almost on top of the main run.

That's what I was thinking, - microbore airlocks very easily and likely to be all sorts of rises and falls in the pipes when you push it blindly below a floor

With swept tees you should be fine tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The dreaded tiled floor problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock