Search the forum,

Discuss The Best Birthday EVER! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
so just celebrated my 40th birthday, my brother and his fiancé, my wife and daughter and one of my 20 year old twin boys who I haven't been aloud to see for the past 17 years was there too.. I couldn't have asked for more! I'm so damn happy I can finally get to see him (and hopefully the other one too) so thought I'd share a photo as I just can't contain my happiness right now :))))

IMG_1703.JPG

IMG_1706.JPG

Well done pal!

I didn't see my old man for 21 years. Hired a PI to go find him. And he lived a few miles away from me!

Been in touch loads since. Hope it works out the same for you guys.

Happy birthday :)

Good for you mate, where do I send the Zimmer frame :D

The funniest thing, not only because I love it, but because I know it would have grated on my ex-wife's nerves is that he looks and acts like a mirror image of me lol the way we laugh, think, talk is so similar it's crazy!! Every cloud lol

Best wishes for the future with your son(s) Jay, I put son(s) as I chose to have nothing to do with my father in the last 30 yrs of his life even though I was fine with little sister being in monthly contact with him. Really hope there is a happy ending there for you mate however be prepared to respect his wishes.

Best wishes for the future with your son(s) Jay, I put son(s) as I chose to have nothing to do with my father in the last 30 yrs of his life even though I was fine with little sister being in monthly contact with him. Really hope there is a happy ending there for you mate however be prepared to respect his wishes.
Always rpm, that's why I'm letting the other one see me in his own time. I've told him I'm not going anywhere and will always be here whenever/if ever he wants to see me. I will keep in contact maybe once a month though just so he doesn't think I've forgotten or don't care. I hope he comes around. He said he's ready. But time will tell. I've spent 17 years being patient, what's a little more time!? I'm sorry to hear about you and your dad. It must have been a difficult decision to make and maintain. Both my parents are dead, and I didn't like my mum very much but I still miss them both at times.

Always rpm, that's why I'm letting the other one see me in his own time. I've told him I'm not going anywhere and will always be here whenever/if ever he wants to see me. I will keep in contact maybe once a month though just so he doesn't think I've forgotten or don't care. I hope he comes around. He said he's ready. But time will tell. I've spent 17 years being patient, what's a little more time!? I'm sorry to hear about you and your dad. It must have been a difficult decision to make and maintain. Both my parents are dead, and I didn't like my mum very much but I still miss them both at times.

Glad he`s said he is ready to meet and patience is the key as you know.

My parents agreed to divorce, my father wanted to sell the big 6 bed house and buy a small house for my mother and the three children whilst keeping the large-ish company of which I was a director. The divorce dragged on for years because he wouldn`t come clean about earnings and assets, in the end mum caved in mentally broken forever, he had the big house with the OW and mum had a small house. After awhile he stopped paying the mortgage on mums house (we didn`t know there was one) that was the point I gave up my flash suits and company car, quit the directorship and went back to engineering to pay the mortgage.
It was an easy simple choice to make and I`ve never regretted it. In many ways it was the turning point of my life and made me what I am.

Glad he`s said he is ready to meet and patience is the key as you know.

My parents agreed to divorce, my father wanted to sell the big 6 bed house and buy a small house for my mother and the three children whilst keeping the large-ish company of which I was a director. The divorce dragged on for years because he wouldn`t come clean about earnings and assets, in the end mum caved in mentally broken forever, he had the big house with the OW and mum had a small house. After awhile he stopped paying the mortgage on mums house (we didn`t know there was one) that was the point I gave up my flash suits and company car, quit the directorship and went back to engineering to pay the mortgage.
It was an easy simple choice to make and I`ve never regretted it. In many ways it was the turning point of my life and made me what I am.
That's the thing isn't it, no matter what you go through, it mounds you into who you are today.. much kudos to you for stepping up, it's so easy to go down the bitter route and go down wrong paths cos it seems easier

I have brought two important people back to each other. They were torn apart and god knows why.

However, I'm talking about my father in law and his brother. They did not speak a single word to each other for at last 35 years. The funny thing is they live just 100 yards from each other. Last year at my wedding I went over to him and invited him as part of my family :D basically they started to talk again and I hope it will be forever. You see, once Germans torn countries apart now they bring them back together :) :)

Ah what lovey photos. There is nothing more important than family. I am pleased for you and glad you had a lovely birthday old timer! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The Best Birthday EVER! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock