Search the forum,

Discuss Terms & conditions request in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hello all,

Would one of you kind fold mind sending me a T&C I can use???

Firstly, they DO count in court.

However, if you DO NOT get people to sign 'em, or they are not pertinent to the business you carry out, or they are unfair, or try to breach consumer law THEN they may not be worth squat.

Sorry Hammers but that, genuinely, does NOT help you. They must be shared with, and signed by customers to have effect. NO (decent) customer will knock you for trying to explain or protect BOTH parties. If they have a pop, ALWAYS simply walk away.

How do I know this stuff, been there on both ends, as expert witness and as a frigging victim of ar5eholes who tried it on thinking I'd cave. They were wrong ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just read through the T&Cs in the link above from PP.

DO NOT use them. They break consumer law, they contradict themselves and they place huge ADDITIONAL responsibility for warranties. They are also very one sided and when you're trying to get people to sign they'll not bother.

They feel to me like they started out as proper T&Cs, but have been 'tampered with' by an idiot who thinks they know law.

Never bet in my life, but I'm up for 50p on .... Bentley anyone ?

I've just read through the T&Cs in the link above from PP.

DO NOT use them. They break consumer law, they contradict themselves and they place huge ADDITIONAL responsibility for warranties. They are also very one sided and when you're trying to get people to sign they'll not bother.

They feel to me like they started out as proper T&Cs, but have been 'tampered with' by an idiot who thinks they know law.

Never bet in my life, but I'm up for 50p on .. Bentley anyone ?
Do you know of a decent set of t&c’s I can use?

Have a look st the expert trades app
They sponsor the Facebook group and I think they have free t&cs

Have a look st the expert trades app
They sponsor the Facebook group and I think they have free t&cs
What Facebook group? I get to the expert Trades app from the Facebook group?

Gas chat on facebook

Expert trades is a company that do websites, online quotes, stuff for organising a business etc
I have signed up as its free but not had chance to look at it properly
I think you pay something like £10 a month to get access to all they offer

Do you know of a decent set of t&c’s I can use?

I'm happy to send you my old ones, stood the court test ;), but you must satisfy yourself that they are suitable for YOU.

Mine specify that all materials & subcontract labour is paid for up front. In nearly 20 years, only a handful refused so I walked away from those jobs.

If you're interested send me a message and I'll email em to you. I'll clean em of all my data first of course. They fit on one A4 sheet and are signed for every job I did totalling over £350.

Gas chat on facebook

Expert trades is a company that do websites, online quotes, stuff for organising a business etc
I have signed up as its free but not had chance to look at it properly
I think you pay something like £10 a month to get access to all they offer
Just sent a request to join... will check them out as I need a website!

I'm happy to send you my old ones, stood the court test ;), but you must satisfy yourself that they are suitable for YOU.

Mine specify that all materials & subcontract labour is paid for up front. In nearly 20 years, only a handful refused so I walked away from those jobs.

If you're interested send me a message and I'll email em to you. I'll clean em of all my data first of course. They fit on one A4 sheet and are signed for every job I did totalling over £350.

Morning Dave,

Please can you send to me also? To save you repeating yourself I accept your disclaimer as per your previous messages.

[email protected]

Cheers
Jim

Reply to Terms & conditions request in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock