Search the forum,

Discuss Template for method statement etc in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnyswamp

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Anyone know where I can down load some simple and short templates for scope of works, method statement and risk assesment
Connected a kitchen sink to a mains supply and a lift pump for the waste in an office block in Cardiff amd the building owner wants the above
Nothing mentioned to me by the custard, they just said they had permission and to go ahead with it
No problem work or payment wise, just need these docs asap
I've come accross plenty on the net, but they all seem very long winded

Don't worry about templates just use bullet points under the headings:-
Scope of work:
What you've been asked to do: who asked: reference any relevant drawings or specification: when you will start work: working hours: duration of works: Insurance of works.
Method Statement:
Preliminary works: cordon off working areas: restriction of access: isolation of services: effect on service users order of works: commissioning inspection & handover.
Risk Assessment:
Hazardous materials: slips trips and falls: manual handling: Electric gas water: Hot working.

If they want more let them ask, but as above, once they have a statement no one will read it unless something goes wrong.

Last edited:
Client awarding contract will expect works to be completed for the contract sum. Assumptions made in pricing often prove unfounded in fact. A Method Statement, if accepted, allows assumptions to be written into contract. For example:-
"Identify services and isolate using existing valves". If the only isolation on water is stopcock on incoming main, being unable to close this off for extended period of works,could prompt a variation order and payment for isolation of specific area. This is better than having to snatch isolation valve at own cost and risk. Also be clear about closing off working areas rather than having to move tools and equipment to allow passage. Include your chosen working hours.
Bottom line should read to effect:- "This Method Statement is specific to the work detailed and permission to proceed indicates acceptance."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Template for method statement etc in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi we have won a new build site of a small block of flats, we have a first on site meeting soon and need to bring a risk assessment and method statement does anyone know of a good template I can work too or any advice? also any knowledge of employers liability insurance? Thanks
Replies
Views
alastair
A
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock