Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Technical guidance need for domestic dual gas plumbing in the Renewable Energy area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mkodical

mkodical New Member

Hi,
    This is Mohan Kodical. I am planning for the plumbing of dual gas (Biogas & LPG) of my home kitchen. I have made schematic plumbing diagram which is attached here. I seek technical guidance in this regard & clarification for my following doubts.
    1) Is my design fully safe?
    2) While changing over between two gases, the residual gas (between changeover valve & burner) of previous cycle (may be little quantity) will remain trapped. Will it cause any problem (like detonation, back fire etc)?
    3) I am planning to select SS or Brass Valves & fittings in this proposed plumbing. Is that the correct material?

I need any technical experts to answer my questions & help me.

Thanks
    Mohan Kodical

Dual_Gas_Schematic.jpg

2. Riley

Riley Plumber GSR

Are you Gas Safe??

3. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

No not safe and also as above if you are in the uk you need to be gas safe and lpg qulified for anything regarding installation / new product design

4. Dotty

Dotty Guest

There's so many reasons why you should not even be contemplating something as stupid as this idea.

Let me at least put it like this. It hasn't been done before. There are factors that you haven't even begin to consider.

And no, we won't be going into them.

Just stop now.

• Like Like x 1