Search the forum,

Discuss Tap tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpsy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
:confused:In your opinion what is better bearhug tool or jaw dropper?
I have telescopic wrench already.

imagine bending the end of the spanner just where the flats are 90 degrees and there you have it

i will call it a tap spanner....

never owned either of those, dont think i ever will at those prices as i have never come across a tap that wont come of with conventional tools ie. deep socket & tap wrench?.

Crows foot, hard work.

Monument Adjustable Basin Wrench, much better.

i got the jaw dropper, nice piece of kit for £50. just the job for tiny basins!

My jaw dropper's not used that much these days but it's a real get out of jail free tool when I need it.

Bought the jawdropper after using all types of wrench, will not use anything else, very expensive but worth every penny.

what is the jaw dropper ? I use a crow foot and I also have a box key which works sometimes.

ive been using the bearhuggers but ive been finding you dont have enough room on bath taps to lever the handle, gonna invest in the jaw droppers

duckfoot(or crow) for undoing the swivel nuts barrel for tightening the back nuts i have never used the bear hugger or jaw breaker

About time, see they have a place to clip on the jaw you are no using at the time to stop it getting lost, must of spent a fortune in lost jaws over the years !!:

Although it's a screw and I've found it works loose and ends up lost in the toolbox.I've put some PTFE on the thread to try to stop it coming loose.Might work!

Although it's a screw and I've found it works loose and ends up lost in the toolbox.I've put some PTFE on the thread to try to stop it coming loose.Might work!

Yeah it always works loose, but you find it at the bottom of the tool box. Had mine for about 8/9 years. Before that used a Crowsfoot. Don't even own one these days. Not that they're expensive, about £2!

i got the jaw dropper, nice piece of kit for £50. just the job for tiny basins!

I use the jawdropper as well. Bought it when I broke my crows foot on a particuratily tight tap. Then broke the jaw dropper, oops. Merchant replaced it as faulty, ended up cutting off that tap.
Jawdropper nice to use though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tap tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock