Search the forum,

Discuss Tap removal help please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there. Can anyone help with this tap I cant seem to get the middle part off to replace the washer?
Thank you!

IMG_20180828_090845.jpg

Take the screw out in the hole at the top of the tap, then pull off the cross head handle or tap it off the spline with a hammer if it is stuck on. Unscrew the chrome outer shroud anti clock wise with a pair of grips and a cloth to prevent scratching it and then simple screw off the tap insert with an adjustable spanner to get to the washer. (make sure the water is turned off) assemble in reverse order.

Great thanks all done. Got hold of some grippers it was just a little tough to get off.

Quick question our water tank keeps leaking through the overflow & our previous owners removed the pipe to outside so now have a lovely wet ceiling!! Would this usually be the ballcock valve that needs replacing as the level is too high??

Thanks for the help so far.

Great thanks all done. Got hold of some grippers it was just a little tough to get off.

Quick question our water tank keeps leaking through the overflow & our previous owners removed the pipe to outside so now have a lovely wet ceiling!! Would this usually be the ballcock valve that needs replacing as the level is too high??

Thanks for the help so far.
The little tank or big?

Reply to Tap removal help please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of the tap. However now I can't remove it again as it seems I must have used the wrong screw head and have rounded off the head. Please see attached...
Replies
Views
Hi. Can anyone help me get into this tap? I have them on the bathroom sink and bath and 2 out of 4 are dripping. I've have had two plumbers in to replace the washers and neither could get them open. The gold coloured ring under the top unscrews on two of them but won't budge on the ones that...
Replies
Views
I need to change the washer on the dripping hot tap in the photo, does anybody know how to remove the dome tap handle, there's no fixings or grub screw anywhere, thanks
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I hope someone might be able to help please. I hope this isn't a daft question. I am trying to remove the side panels on my radiator to get in to clean it, but they seem to be secured by a small screw underneath (on the valve housing). Can someone please advise me if I can just...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm going to be fitting a tap like this one: And just wanted to check that this is the correct part for connecting to 15mm copper pipe using compression: https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/flomasta-compression-straight-tap-connector-15mm-x-1-2-/58294 If not, please could someone let me know...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock