Search the forum,

Discuss Tap or spout problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dsd

Hi, my kitchen spout leaks if i dont really tighten the hot water tap.
anyone advise me on, is it a tap washer problem or spout washer problem.?
Thanks

Probably both. I'm assuming you have a tap with a swivel spout. If it leaks from the point where the spout joins the body of the tap, then if it only leaks while the taps are on and for a short time afterwards, its the spot seal. If it leaks when the taps are off, then its is one or both of the tap seals and the spout seal.

Probably both. I'm assuming you have a tap with a swivel spout. If it leaks from the point where the spout joins the body of the tap, then if it only leaks while the taps are on and for a short time afterwards, its the spot seal. If it leaks when the taps are off, then its is one or both of the tap seals and the spout seal.

Thanks,
let me be clearer, it leaks from spout head if i dont really tighten the hot tap, much tighter than usual. Then it stops leaking.
so you think it can be a spout problem or hot tap seal problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tap or spout problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock