Search the forum,

Discuss Tap insert removal tool. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I know this has come up loads before tried searching for it but I never get on with searching.

What is the name of the tap insert removal tool? I have had 2 taps beat me in the past couple of weeks and would like to give one a try.

Back nut spanner on the spout, grips locked on the works and a lever between the two. Same in principal to the easy tap splitter.
I'd get one to be fair but I thinks it's way over-priced.

I've always used a 1/2" ratchet spanner, deep socket set and a basin box spanner on spout. Usually does trick. I always find the heads harder to get off than the inserts

I bought one of the ABD Tap Splitter kits a couple of month back from ebay for ÂŁ25. I did not bother buying the expensive set in the case. I have used it half a dozen times and it really is a great tool. If I lost it I would certainly replace it.

download.jpg

Think thats the one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a lot of poor reviews. Flimsy tool and not worth having for the diyer let alone the professional (apparently).

I use a bit of 35mm copper with a piece of old innertube taped inside it over the spout, and a decent deep hex socket on the headgear with a bar on it. Easy peasy and no extra tools to carry / lose...

proper box spanner or deep socket and what ever tickles your fancy to grip the spout, beats any diy gismo

go on tap splitter on eBay at the mo they accept offers

Back nut spanner on the spout, grips locked on the works and a lever between the two. Same in principal to the easy tap splitter.
I'd get one to be fair but I thinks it's way over-priced.

Its like ÂŁ20 quid!!!? How much cheaper do you want it lol? Should pay for itself by 1 job

l have a set but only bother to use it if the insert is really stick in there & think I might damage the spout on a nice tap.

Looks good tbh :)

Looks good to the customer too; which is important if you want good reviews and word of mouth
referrals as, IMHO, it shows you're thinking about taking care of their expensive or not so tap body.

Plus you can charge more if you get a fancy looking tool in... ;)

Tool looks like something worth having for the odd occasion you need it I think ill be getting one

on a off topic not that DIY doctor, (youtube videos channel)
they've got videos on showing how to DIY smoke test your flue,

There's one on eBay @ 24quid + offers but it doesn't show a case, but there's another exact same @ 38 quid but it has a proper case which is too dear prob get it cheaper but way better with the case, I emailed the 24 one to see if comes with case, but don't think it does just 2 red rubber bands

I once (when I was around 18-19) heated a tap body with a blowlamp as I had reached the point where it was a replacement basin or live with a drip as I could not get the head off, not undo the backnut to replace the tap, I called my dad (a farmer) wich told me , "give it some heat" haha it worked and I just stuck a new body in it!! what a cowboy thinking back!!!!!!!

Just about to order one and they're offering tap re seating tools as an add on. One for imperial and one for metric. So how do you know which one to use, imperial or metric?

I've got one. Haven't used it in ages, normally use grips and a backnut box spanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tap insert removal tool. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock