Currently reading:
tap head replacemnet kit wont work!!

Discuss tap head replacemnet kit wont work!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beesley121

hi guys,

i hve a mixer tp tap that was dripping even when tightened to the full. i decided i would change the heads as it wasnt much more expensive than just replcing the washer.

anyway, ive now hit a problem, the tap head replacements fit fine but when i close the tap up it seems to still go past the stop point. this then makes the bit inside the head (plunger type thing with rubber washer fixed to it) come loose and falls out of the channel which then stop me turning the tap. only way to fix this is to remove the tap head replcement kit and screw it back in manually.

when looking at it, its almost like the plunger is being 'allowed' to drop too low and that results in it coming out of the channel and then getting stuck

cn someone tell me why this is, ive even tried a different set of heads and they do the same!!! should i have bought different size or something as i thought all tap heads were kin of unoversal apart from the ceramic quarter turn ones

any help much appreciated

not all tap heads fit all taps i'm afraid.

revert to plan b - change the washers. if still dripping you could try a cheap re-seating tool - just take your time and be gentle with it.

If you get tap reviver kits or adapter tap kits ect,they come with a spacer seat,that extends the head /washer depth as required,allowing to be fitted to deeper body seats such as the one you have

[DLMURL]http://www.bristan.com/WebRoot/BristanDB/Shops/Bristan/Products/CS%20DRAWING-1067396-D1.PDF[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to tap head replacemnet kit wont work!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock