Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss Tap dribbles after being turned off. in the Valves & Taps area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Steveuk

Steveuk New Member

Hi again. I have just bought a new mixer tap and I have an issue turning it off. Every time I turn it off, I either get a dribble of water until the tap tube is empty, or it stops as it should but then any knock or movement of the tap then means that remaining water in the tap dribbles out.

It looks to me like when the water gets turned off, the water stays in the tap tube and forms an airtight seal of water at the very end exit point of the tap. Then any knock shifts it and allows air in, braking the seal/vacuum and spills the water out.

Is there any any solution to this? A couple of friends have said they have heard of this before but don't know the answer. It's very annoying.

This is the tap https://houseofenki-imdtradingltd.n...kitchen-tap-swivel-spout-chrome-milan_3_1.jpg

Thanks
    steve.

2. Best

Best Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

That design of a spout will probably always dribble. The top of spout is a long horizontal run and water will exit that when the vertical drop is disturbed.
    Only thing that would help really well would be an airator on end of spout, but that design of rectangular spout would probably not have possibility of one.
    You could try contacting manufacturer

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  3. Steveuk

Steveuk New Member

Thanks Forbes your suggestion. I did contact him previously and he just pretty much said it isn't a fault with it so get on with it. Lol. I will try and find an airater as it does splash a bit too. Thanks.

4. Best

Best Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Airator helps the left over water to hold in the spout. That tap is special though.

5. lame plumber

lame plumber Guest

daft designs always dribble

6. Plumbstar Tom

Plumbstar Tom Well-Known Member

you can get rectangular aerators but they are not too common so sizes and availability are quite restrictive