Search the forum,

Discuss Tap & die in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchy01

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Today whilst screwing an old aav into a large pump set the aav snapped leaving the thread in the thread. I tried a small flat head and punching it out but just stripped bits of the brass aav thread but there's still some left. Then I remembered seeing a tap and die set in my inherited tool collection and seem to remember that's the thing to use. I haven't got a clue how it works though. I will have a look on good ol' YouTube but wondered if anyone has any tips or tricks or any other ideas. Thanks in advance guys.

A tap is used to make/clean a female thread and a die for male threads you must get the size pitch type and direction of thread correct

If you are careful you can tap the tang of a file into the brass and gently unscrew it ....you need to clean up the threads using the right size tap I think it will be a bsp thread I.e 1/4 or 3/8. ....best of luck regards Turnpin:punk:

The old tang of a file trick often works failing that a set of easi-outs will always work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tap & die in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock