Search the forum,

Discuss Tank pipework thoughts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chalmers7

Hey guys got a biomass boiler feeding a 1000l accumulator and a 2200l accumulators in the one plant room.

would the flow from the boiler go into the bottom of the first tank (1000l) the out the top then into the bottom of the 2200l tank then out the bottom back to the boiler. The I would take my secondary circuits off the second tank 2200l to the systems.?

whats your guys thoughts on this???

Just wanna get the best use of these tanks for the best performance.

Any thoughts would really be appreciated.

robert

Welcome!

IMHO if you don't know the answer to then I'd suggest you're a little out of your depth for a DIY. No of fence.

Welcome!

IMHO if you don't know the answer to then I'd suggest you're a little out of your depth for a DIY. No of fence.

Nowt to do about being out of my depth, one guy is saying pipe them parallel and another guy is saying in series like I explained. I'm wondering which is best I'm not a designer on these systems but keen to understand what's best and why.

robert

Ah read that wrong last night. Too much vino trying to forget the rugby score. Sorry.

Last edited:
Flow into the top IMO.

This guys said flow into the bottom come out the first tank at the top link it to the bottom of the next tank and return it from the bottom on the second tank. I have never heard of this style is it bullcrap or what? If u had two accumulators how would u link them?

wish I had too much vino last night I'd still be sleeping lol

robert

It depends on several factors I guess but I'd always refer to the manufacture jic.

i would also say flow in the top otherwise you would be trying to push against the volume of water in the tank

i would also say flow in the top otherwise you would be trying to push against the volume of water in the tank

dont understand where your coming from here, your main aim is to be heating the water in the cyl/accumalator so heat in higher and colder flow lower to promote stratification in cyl. to link two together, bset to work in parallel normally or one will always be hotter than the other.

basics shown here but have a google at manufacturers for more detail, and follow the mfis Heat accumulators - heat storage tanks - stove installation heat accumulator

I suggest you keep on shopping for an experienced installer, over 3,000 litres suggests a decent sized boiler, they can be very effective however they can also make louder bangs than small boilers when not plumbed correctly.

You need a lot more than a boiler, two tanks and a few pipes to link them together, I am a little concerned by one word in your O.P.

"Hey guys got a biomass boiler feeding a 1000l accumulator and a 2200l accumulators in the one plant room."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tank pipework thoughts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I have a problem with my hot water header tank getting warm water into it from the bottom of the header tank (not the hooked overflow/expansion pipe. Hence the header tank then reaches the overflow level and the overflow trickles out. I have changed the ball valve washers thinking it was...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have just installed a vented McDonald 250L thermal store, it is for multi fuel but currently just connected to a standard oil boiler in the garage which is fully pumped to the TS, the system has two pumps both basic 3speed Grunfoss, one on the boiler return and the other on the CH flow...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any kind of instructions/manual and therefore trying to figure out ourselves. We have what looks like a boiler/water tank system (coming from a standard...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A gardener/landscaping friend of mine is going to install an irrigation system in a customer's garden. He asked me to pop around and measure the pressures and flowrates...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler. Initially we thought the boiler may stay in place but after discussions with the builder we would have to move the boiler to replace the floor and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock