Search the forum,

Discuss t4tskills cd disk one advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
me too! you need a really could computer with lots of memory

im about to start this course i think cos i can work it around my present job has anyone got any further like completed the course and either found work or set up on there own hope to hear from you guys soon.. also how long has it took u guys so far i know this is not a 8 week intensive course??

So far i have found the course to be excellent (with exception to the scenarios lol), the modules are very thorough and the tutors are only a phone call or webmail away if you have any difficulty understanding anything, i haven't done my practical yet and it can be stressful at times working around your job. But if you want anything in this world you need to work hard for it. You will read a lot of feedback about t4ts on these forums both positive and negative, whilst being realistic enough to realise that as soon as you have finished the course you wont be going straight out and making 30 to 40k a year dont be too disheartened by the negative feedback. Just stick it out mate and it will be worth it in the end.

Hi all, am also doing the t4ts plumbing course, am currently on the water regs, but at the moment am struggling a bit for motivation, and time to fit it around my job, and all the diy i'm having to do at my new home.

Have found it quite handy so far, as helped me in my confidence in taking out my sink and basin in my wet room, and have also removed a radiator and capped the pipes. Next will be Replacing the toilet and sink, and then fitting a new shower..

How are you all coping with your studying? motivation? etc?

Anyone of you had any problems with the course? My real main concern is regarding the practical side, as I was told the centre was local to myself (Basildon, Essex), but now i have found out it would be a case of Either Luton Or Southampton, so now i'll either have to pay out for the extra commuting, or stay at a hotel/ motel for the period of time that i'm there for, which in this current economical climate will be quite hard..

Ciao for now..

ps, has anyone completed level 2 yet? or even further? or know anyone that has?

hi bcharalambous, no you dont need to submit your scenarios befor you submit tma 4,it says so in the book but i gave up on the scenarios ages ago, use the cd rom as a beer mat,,,,,however if you are struggling let me knoe and i will try to help,,,,ste

Hi there, ive been doing this course about 2months now, finding it quite good and learning alot......am on module 7. My CD doesnt work atall now done scenarios 1 + 2, usual lid problems!

Does anyone know if you have to do 2 complete weeks of practical or would it be the case of completing certain tasks and then marked off and done?

I would be interested to know if anyone does due to work commitments etc,

Great course tho :)

hello mate, the practical part is like an assessment to prove you have done the required work,everything you do is photographed and put into your portfolio,then at the end of the practical you are given your certificate,providing your work was up to scratch,,,,

hi everyone can anyone help me with scenario 5 i am stuck and its really getting to me now?

hi there! I need hept on scenario1. anyone can tell me if it's any main stopcock outside the house? I can't close the water wich liquing in kitchen! thanks for help!

Help I am stuck on scenario 14803 can anyone help ? I have drilled into the cold main and can`t turn of the stopcock as it has seized solid.

I am only joking but what do you have to achieve on these tasks as we all know their are many way to skin a cat

has anybody completed this couse with T4T and workig as a plumber? I am a cats whisker away from parting with my money

has anybody completed this couse with T4T and workig as a plumber? I am a cats whisker away from parting with my money

our local paper had 7 yes seven people advertising themselves for free work as a plumber to get experience

does that give you a clue?

our local paper had 7 yes seven people advertising themselves for free work as a plumber to get experience

does that give you a clue?

I guess I keep my money then and rethink my career change. Might buy a white van and just drive around madly for a while.
Thanks fuzzy

Hi, have serious problem with these people, but can't say anymore at present. Happy to give what I know. PLEASE let me know how you get on with it.
Senario 1 no code or I can't find it
2, P926Q7
3,L193C2
4,B741F7
Please note, close down as many programmes as poss' that are running in the background (Ctrl,Alt,Delete). If not, you will find that replacing a cistern lid is impossible.My advice is to remove and replace ALL lids. If this is possible, do the senario.If not ,go straight to results and this saves you going through the whole thing to just fail!! REMEMBER TO CLOSE ALL DOORS!!

PS, Ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Have finished the disc!
can u help me plz im stuck on the first scenario i cant find the main shut off valve

it just keeps saying i cant freeze the pipe while the water is flowing but i cant find the main shut off any were

try looking under the sink carefully.
this is where 90% of stop taps are.

it may be worth checking the ball cocks arnt opening too if the stop valve is passing.

Last edited by a moderator:
training virtual scenario discs 'walk through house' like a game that t4t give out on their courses.
i managed to blag a copy from someone and hack the code for the next levels.
not virtually real life though.lol.

iv found the one in door under the sink but i need to turn the water off at the point before the stop tap . it usualy out side but the simulation doesnt seem to have it in the usual place

iv found the one in door under the sink but i need to turn the water off at the point before the stop tap . it usualy out side but the simulation doesnt seem to have it in the usual place

In real world there is no usual place

theres usualy a tap on the street out side the house under a little square grate isnt there?? other wise how do u replace the main stop in the house

Yes there is ment to be lol
But somtimes it's not there maybe there a toby box fairy that takes them lol

you cant freeze the pipe if waters running thru it.
why is water running in the house when all the taps are off?

answer that first.

try out the back door, turn left up the alley i think there is a stoptap

these sims are crazy ive tried every thing, and i agree with the why is the water running when the taps are off,,,, iv closed every tap and water shut off i can find including in the loft the worst part is i haven got a tutor yet so i cant phone him/her to ask

Where can I get a copy of these disks

I already own them I would just like to have a backup ;)

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

which scenario and task is it and whats the code pass number?.
i will see if i can find the disc.

its scenario 1 of the plumbing course iv searched every were for a way to shut the water off to freeze the pipe below the stop tap i just keep getting :you can not freeze the pipe whilst the water is running : . even tho every tap and valve is isolated in every room ... the disc will make a fine cup coaster i cant think of any other use for it :)

have u completed the plumbing scenarios.. if so could u help me with the first one plz its turning me grey :)

im currently doing the renewable course and have the plumbing disc how what is the url for the site i go to to put in my completion code to redeem the code for the next scenario?

My problem is after the stop tap is replaced, i cannot figure out what exactly i am doing wrong with the full hot water system check, inspecting everything i can see.

Oh and btw, pipes can be frozen only when there is no movement of water, so find the fault on the system that is keeping the water moving (hint:loft) and then once that is sorted you can freeze the pipe and replace the stop tap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to t4tskills cd disk one advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock