Search the forum,

Discuss T4TS plumbing scenarios in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi m8 senario 1 a col;d water system check i done every thing on it and still cant how 2 find out how 2 doing it it really got my head messed up

Hi This is what you need to do to complete S1.

1) Go to Loft, remove lid from cold water tank, isolate water supply, switch to bathroom turn on hot water tap, switch back to loft replace float. Inspect 4 items in the loft. Replace lid(s) back on tanks.
2) Switch to Bathroom turn off hot water tap. Inspect 6 items.
3) Switch to Cloakroom Inspect 4 items.
4) Switch to Kitchen Inspect 5 items here, Before inspecting all 5 items you need to open the draincock, freeze the pipe under the main stopcock get the main stopcock replaced, close the draincock, unfreeze the pipe and thats scenario 1 done.

Remember in order to replace the main stopcock the issue in the loft needs to be resolved first.

If you need further help with scenario 1 or any other scenario let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all

Same here im stuck on scenario 3 on the soundness check...judging by the dates on the last posts to this thread you guys should be qualified by now?? how did you get on?? Ive mamnaged to do everything correct apart frm attempting a cold and hot water soundness check... as for scenario 2 you literally need to click on everything to do with both the hot and cold water system and turn all isolation valves off and back on again also turn off the immersion heater as its a waste of energy (only needs be on for baths) and adjust the temp on the thermopstat which is erroneously set to 90oc back to the coprrect temp of 60 oc ..all hot taps must be 60oc and cold taps i think are 20oc...

and help is appreciated with the soundness checks.. train for Trade skills plumbers course material

how did you do soundness test i have done it .it means pressure test.put your arrow on the washing machine pipes and look at what it says

Last edited by a moderator:
Turn the water on. If it is running through the ceiling the client will be onto claims direct.

soundness testing is in jtl book also

pretty easy really, unless you have a leak and as tamz says, get insurered lol

hi i have done everything on scenario 1 accept a complete cold water system check i cant seem to find them all

Finally completed scenario 3. soundness test. thanx 4 the help. Really have to search with the mouse and the graphics movement isn't good so the option wasn't appearing to connect pressure kit. thanx anyway

Hello, this is music to my ears!!! Could you possibly enlighten me as to how you did this. If you can remember!!!

Many thanks

Jason

Just bumping this to bring all contributors to the attention of all the threads we have on our forums about Train 4 Trade Skills.

There have been A LOT of people who feel they have been missold courses by Train 4 Trade Skills. Many taking legal action.

Please see this for electrical course threads on our sparky forum: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=t..._cp.r_qf.&fp=37fc7606ff53045&biw=1500&bih=958
This for plumbing course threads on our plumbing forum: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=t..._cp.r_qf.&fp=37fc7606ff53045&biw=1500&bih=958

I have contacted the tutor team and sent instructions on how to complete scenario 2 and it's still telling hot water check not completed! this is getting to me fed up with it, as I have a general idea of plumbing and know if this was a job a full check would have completed already this is beginning to feel like a joke

I have contacted the tutor team and sent instructions on how to complete scenario 2 and it's still telling hot water check not completed! this is getting to me fed up with it, as I have a general idea of plumbing and know if this was a job a full check would have completed already this is beginning to feel like a joke

Interesting first post there Kirk. Think you may have better luck raising the dead though. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to T4TS plumbing scenarios in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good morning, I recently had an extension, new bathroom and new en-suite fitted. Prior to the works the hot water worked. Now we have moved back we have no hot water. British gas came for 5 hours on saturday and replaced every single part of the boiler to do with the hot water as well as the...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, My rather old immersion boiler decided to give up the ghost the other day, notifying the household by tripping the switches at the fuse box. I guess it is the heating element as replacing the fuse did nowt. No problems I thought as we have a boiler which can do our hot water for us - right...
Replies
Views
rflook
R
D
First time posting on here and I am after some help and advice on a project I have ongoing at home - a bit cheeky I know but as they say around here ‘Shy bairnes get nowt’! My children (10 and 8 at the time) were lucky enough to be given an above ground 15ft round swimming pool from some...
Replies
Views
Z
Hello, I'd be grateful for any advice anyone can give me (I know very little about plumbing). Sorry this is a bit long, but I'm trying to give as much info as possible. I only have electricity in my flat. I have an economy 7 immersion heater for hot water. I only have room for a very small...
Replies
Views
I
Hi Black water tank keeps filling up and water comes out the overflow from outside. It is coming in from the bottom pipe which is the outlet pipe. The pipe is warm to touch. So hot water is going into the tank. No heating has been switched on. Hot water is heated up for 1 hour in morning 1 hour...
Replies
Views
illumini
I
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock