Search the forum,

Discuss T4TS Course..If your on it get in touch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough Dan.

underneath the sinh near the hot and cold pipe for the washing machine. you pressure check.turn tap on,check again,turn off,check again. hope this helped
Hi mate I've competed that module already but aint checked it out for eeeges..yea its a bit trikky but you have to do a hot soundness and cold checks, and don't forget to plug unplug the hot secondary vents as this was where I found to have got stukk!!T4Ts I think's all good. Ok gonna run thre CD again and see how I do in that module as I can remember you need to complete the module before you can get another code to move on.. llol:D

I'm on it doing mod 5 at the moment and doing some research on the net, some of what's in the book seems a bit scarce of info so encourages me to look a bit deaper, but had some computer problems.

At the time there seemed to be no other way for me to get in and research turned up no leads, but thinking about it this is probably the best way for me to learn the theory rather than turn up at the training centre and not know one end of a pipe bender than another, lol.

Seriously though, it's good for the theory in my opinion, the trouble and the hard work begins getting some proper work in later, but just have to wait and see how it goes.

Hey just about to finnish the first book mod 4. was wondering at the end of the course what are we actually going to be qualified to do?
apperantly the domestic plumber course gives you all the tech certs but does NOT certify you to NVQ level 2 C&G 6089. to get to this level you need to be certified while working on jobs under the supervision of a qualified plumber. so according to some people ive spoke to this is not a qualified plumber.
train 4 trades are not very clear about this and its hard to get that info from them. they try and sell you another course after the basic plumbing one so that you can be qualified to level 2 NVQ, which seems to be another £1500.
anybody know for sure what the situation is with this, as its causing me a bit of stress?

Does nobody signing up for these courses ever bother to find out or research exactly what you are getting for your money before parting with it?

tamz, ive pointed this out before and got called 'negative'!! apparently its negative to say your only getting a tech cert and this isnt industry recognised. only for the to part with their money and then near the end say, hey im only getting a tech cert, i thought id be a plumber for £5k the salesman err i mean advisor told me

We'll wait for the daytime telly ads in a year or two

Have you had a plumbing course in the last xx years? Call dodgy lawyers today on 08xxxxxxx for an immediate consultation:):):)

Hey hows it going .... how far vare we ??? Get in touch ok or drop me a line..

Sorry stevo musta filled wrong header in, still got to use the site properly ..!

most feedback has suggested websites dont work well, this is the first post ive seen saying it has paid off

Does nobody signing up for these courses ever bother to find out or research exactly what you are getting for your money before parting with it?

I tried it and got no luck, I ended up with information on dodgy products, holidays and everything else, but not T4TS or any other training provider.

Now i don't know much about these different certificates as things have changed a lot since i did mine and even when i employ an apprentice they just go to collage and get their SVQ and a JIB card.
But
It took less than a minute to find these

Plumbing Course - Train to be a Plumber with Train4TradeSkills
Bottom line of 2nd last paragraph.

[DLMURL="http://www.cityandguilds.com/48182.html#"]Certificate in Plumbing | Plumbing | City & Guilds |[/DLMURL]
Click on "Your questions"
Then "which level is right for me"
Then if you are thinking of spending a lot of money on this read through the Key Document at the bottom.

"You can be confident your qualification is well respected within your industry."
Don't believe that bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi i need help for the senario 1 . complete cold water system

The idea is that you complete the scenario by trial and error; lets think about this in the loft we have 4 items
1. Expansion tank float valve
2. Float valve isolation valve
3. C.W.S.T float valve
4. C.W.S.T float isolation valve
COMPLETE
Next Family Bathroom 6 items
1. Bath cold tap
2. Bath cold tap isolation valve
3. Basin cold tap
4. Basin tap isolation valve
5. Toilet cistern float valve
6. Toilet float isolation valve
COMPLETE
Cloak Room 4 items
1. Basin cold tap
2. Basin cold tap isolation valve
3. Toilet cistern float valve
4. Toilet float isolation valve
COMPLETE
Kitchen
1. Sink cold tap 5items
2. Sink cold tap isolation valve
3. Washing machine cold valve (blue)
4. Main stopcock
5. Drain cock

COMPLETE
So all you have to do is click on an item above and click inspect that's it
Well I trust this helps you complete the scenario, if it does you will get a congratulations message, at this screen you will see a completion code, note this code and enter it on this site to receive the code for the next scenario
Good Luck

hi im on the course on the cenario for soundness testing at mo cant seem to find where the pressure test is and where it goes any ideas?
or am i just being stupid and not looking properly(thought i looked every where lol)

cheers chris

hi im on the course on the cenario for soundness testing at mo cant seem to find where the pressure test is and where it goes any ideas?
or am i just being stupid and not looking properly(thought i looked every where lol)

cheers chris
First you should have completed setting and checking temperatures of all hot water taps.
Now for the hot water system check, so we need too now click on and click inspect 18 separate items, you have been told 2 in loft, have a think it. What 2 items are part of your domestic Hot water system?
ANSWER
The float valve and isolation valve for the cold-water storage cistern, (this feeds the hot water cylinder)
FAMILY BATHROOM
So we have 4, 2 x hot taps and 2 x hot tap isolation valves.
AIRING CUPBOARD
We have 5 items in this compartment, remember we are doing the domestic hot system not the boiler/heating system so gate valve, immersion heater, 3 port valve, cylinder stat and cylinder drain cock.
CLOAKROOM
We only have 2 in this room 1 x hot tap, 1 x hot tap isolation valve,
KITCHEN
Here we have the last 5, instant water heater and it's isolation valve, hot tap and it's isolation valve and the last item washing machine valve.
So now the task is complete.
END SCENARIO

i emailed the tutor's and this is what i got.
stu

have you tried the washing machine?? do a cold water system check too. thats how i found this one out.

Hi Whitenoise, I started my plumbing course 11 Months ago just completed assignment for module 9, I was struggling a little with making notes, I know that the best thing to do is make keypoint notes in the learning log, only thing is that the difficulty I am having is working out what will be important information for the exam. Since you must have complete the course by now please let me know what I can expect at the training and assessment centre also when you were revising for your exams, did you get any revision note handouts from the training and assessment centre. I hope I hear from you soon.

Kams.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished 32 modules/ water regs/ Part L and 6 weeks of practicals - so all finished - just waiting for portfolio to be IV'd and has to go back to where i did my weeks so bit of a pain.

Views - practicals done with ATL good

Books ok but had to buy extra to make the exams easier, recommend the Learn a trade cd

T4TS not bad but didnt really do much once they had my signiture

If more questions need to be answered then pm me and will try to answer them

So whats next

Just finished 32 modules/ water regs/ Part L and 6 weeks of practicals - so all finished - just waiting for portfolio to be IV'd and has to go back to where i did my weeks so bit of a pain.

Views - practicals done with ATL good

Books ok but had to buy extra to make the exams easier, recommend the Learn a trade cd

T4TS not bad but didnt really do much once they had my signiture

If more questions need to be answered then pm me and will try to answer them

So whats next

Hi Jamie

I am nearing completion of part 1 but am finding it a little difficult because although the T4TS books are good and have lots of activities and progress checks to measure knowledge they dont point out out whats going to appear in the exam and what we need to know so when making notes its difficult to make them key pointers to revise when go back through the modules to revise I have been reading and working through activities and progress checks but I know that more needs to be done if I want to get through part 1 of the course please let me know what you did when you were preparing for part 1's exam.

Kams82

When you say part 1 what exactly do you mean - is it partical session 1 or module 1 - I personnally found the Learn a trade cd particulary good but it is £15, also had the smart screen online assessment which you can get the details from a tutor at ATL on and also used the Heimen Revision book from amazon for £14 as this is small amounts of detail on each exam but tells you exactly what you need to know. If you need any further links or advice contact me and I will send them to you - Good Luck.

Jamie

Hi jamie

Sorry about missing that bit of detail, I have almost finished part 1 in relation to the modules I have just recently submitted my assignment for module 9, and am waiting for the code to get on to module 10. As I was saying in my previous post the T4TS books although good dont point out in a clear manner what exactly needs to be known for the exams. Also if the Heinemann Revision Guide has what I am look for I will get it with hopes that It will help me to make good notes for the exam. Please let me know where I can get ahold of the Learn a trade CD, I suppose smart screen assessment will only be given to me when I get to ATL's training centre. I have already asked a tutor at T4TS for what is covered in the exam hopefully what they provided will assist me in preparing for the exam.

Kams.

Hi,
I am 39 years of age and have recently been made redundant.
I now see this as an opportunity to embark on a new career in plumbing and heating. I have previously worked in the plumbing industry and have knowledge and experience in the duties of running pipework, boiler installations, full central heating installations, servicing of boilers, fault finding and repairs and general jobbing duties. I also have experience running screwed and barrelled pipework on an industrial level.
I am starting the city and guilds 6129 basic plumbing level 2 course at Midkent college in September and i intend to run the NVQ 6089 alongside this providing i can find employment within the industry.
I am honest, hardworking, trustworthy and reliable, and willing to learn. I have my own tools and a clean driving license and my own vehicle.
I am looking to learn and gain knowledge from an experienced plumber/heating engineer.
If you or anyone you know could utilise me and my skills i would be extremely grateful of the opportunity to learn and train with you.
I live in the Sevenoaks area of Kent, and am able to travel into London.
Also any tips, addresses, contacts or advice would be greatly received.
Thanks Chris Morris.
[email protected]

Hi,
I am 39 years of age and have recently been made redundant.
I now see this as an opportunity to embark on a new career in plumbing and heating. I have previously worked in the plumbing industry and have knowledge and experience in the duties of running pipework, boiler installations, full central heating installations, servicing of boilers, fault finding and repairs and general jobbing duties. I also have experience running screwed and barrelled pipework on an industrial level.
I am starting the city and guilds 6129 basic plumbing level 2 course at Midkent college in September and i intend to run the NVQ 6089 alongside this providing i can find employment within the industry.
I am honest, hardworking, trustworthy and reliable, and willing to learn. I have my own tools and a clean driving license and my own vehicle.
I am looking to learn and gain knowledge from an experienced plumber/heating engineer.
If you or anyone you know could utilise me and my skills i would be extremely grateful of the opportunity to learn and train with you.
I live in the Sevenoaks area of Kent, and am able to travel into London.
Also any tips, addresses, contacts or advice would be greatly received.
Thanks Chris Morris.
[email protected]

hey,
i got some experience by going though the yellow pages and phoning around. might work for you.

stu

Kams try this thought it had gone through yesterday but obviously not:

Learnatrade.co.uk

You pay for the cd by paypal etc has 12 modules and approx 2200 questions - got me through everything

Hi Jamie

Thanks for the link, Do I need to go for the 1st one on the list?

Kams.

This one Kams but it needs to be verified on web each time you use it, so if you take it to revise and are staying in travelodge etc you will need wifi

Level%202%20thumb.jpg
The 'All New' Plumbing Level 2 Revision
In response to the extra questions added by City & Guilds last year, there are now over 1500 questions covering 12​

Thanks Jamie Will get it A SAP and hope I pass my exams. When you went for your training did you need to pay for the training and accommodation? I have been told by T4TS that it is all paid for through the fees I am paying back.

Have you completed your NVQ/level 2 plumbing course. If yes, how did you find it. I know that you have to be experience to get a job as plumber. How long did it take you to complete the training and at the end what did you get. I have just completed Module 12. Please provide some suggestion. Regards

Hi Padam

I have recently submitted assignment 9 and am waiting to get codes to move on to assignment 10. What I find difficult is balancing the course when I get a job. When I am not working I get through the course no problem, when I am offered a job then it's a little difficult, but still finding work in plumbing shouldn't be difficult if you have family or friends who work as plumbers that is a good place to start gaining experience once you are confident you can then work for yourself. Another idea I have is if you know people that have problems around there house with plumbing you can opt to try fixing their problem if they know you do a good job that's where word of mouth comes in and they can recommend you for potential jobs that they may know about in there social circle.

Kams.

Does anyone have the career progression flow chart that is given when registered on to T4TS course Please let me know I need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to T4TS Course..If your on it get in touch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock