Search the forum,

Discuss Suggest gas combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
and have you check ip addy its not a modd winding us up??????

I`m not mod and not winding anybody up - why would I? I`m just an ordinary guy who wants to buy best boiler available. I don`t buy installers/sellers sales talks, I always carry out my own research. I`m not plumber or heating engineer. I simply spent few days researching boilers, specs, technologies and spoke to few boiler manufacturers. Now I got some understanding what is what.

Your having a laugh mate first person I've heard worrying about fecking db level of their new boiler. what planet are you on because it aint the same one as most on here anyway:conehead:

Baxi Platinum 24 HE A

Seasonal efficiency % 91.1 - very impressive
Power consumption 155w - oh my Jesus Lord, are they serious?
9.8L/min@35 degrees - rubbish

No dB shown again. I assume at 155w it won`t be anything below 50dB.

Platinum isn`t really a platinum I guess.

Your having a laugh mate first person I've heard worrying about fecking db level of their new boiler.

I do care about my comfort. Why would I listen to the boiler noise if I can avoid that?

Vaillant ecoPro & Plus do not specify dB levels on their website, just "Quiet mark" approved. QM website also has no info on this boiler. But when I phoned Vaillant, turns out they produce 45 dB. Trying to make impression they are something super quiet, when they are far from that. Viessmann are below 40dB for example.

Last edited:
I do care about my comfort. Why would I listen to the boiler noise if I can avoid that?

Does not matter which boiler you put in its never going to be silent, unless of course you leave it switched off which in your case I suggest as it might affect your comfort if god forbid your super dooper new stainless steel boiler makes a racket.

I suggest you speak to an Installer and get some advice and a quote and you choose the boiler because with the demands you have your never going to be happy with what is suggested. By the way expect to pay a few grand more due to your impossible spec your trying to work too and the stress your going to cause the guy. Personally no money would make me want to do the job with the way you've been on here.

I know I`m demanding customer, but hey - its my hard earned money and why should I waste it on medicore product, which directly affects my annual bills and every day living comfort?

Maybe I should organise boiler manufacturing? I would call it Ultimate Gold and it would have all the top specs and best quality components inside :)

It would be:

24kw
92.5% annual because it would have passive flue gas heat recovery
10.8L/min@35
1:10 modulation
Below 40dB when burning at max
Stainless steel HE +brass/copper components
Graphite seals
Colour 5" touchscreen
85w when burning at max, 5w when idle

I clearly am. I`m here, discussing with you all. Of course at this point I have already been told no such boiler exists and I will need to compromise.

Might not be 100% silent, but there is a difference between 55 and 40 dB. If you have choice, why choose noiser boiler?

these will help alot, and ignore the bog roll

8677411_orig.jpg

I`m not mod and not winding anybody up - why would I? I`m just an ordinary guy who wants to buy best boiler available. I don`t buy installers/sellers sales talks, I always carry out my own research. I`m not plumber or heating engineer. I simply spent few days researching boilers, specs, technologies and spoke to few boiler manufacturers. Now I got some understanding what is what.

Best boiler on the market right now when you consider all aspects is an ideal vogue

You know, there is nothing I get more pleasure from than when I have a chance to learn something new from someone who has spent a day or so researching the subject on the internet?

My mere 3 decades of experience shrink to nothing compared with the titanic knowledge of the internet warrior. And my fellow forumites - those gas-safe registered engineers, business owners, college lecturers, and other geniunely knowledgeable people? I beg you be silent before the mighty wisdom of the forum tard.

Jesus H Christ.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe, bear with me, I do oil, may be clutching at straws, but, and only maybe but. System boiler and unvented cylinder.

For gawds sake, its a one bedroom flat. Two people, tell them you will kill them if they open a tap when you are in the shower.

Ever heard the phrase 'anal retentive' ?

I think Tom Cruise is looking for a script for misdion impossible 6.

Red Drawf covers situations like this.

Smeeeeeeeeeeeggggggggg Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

On a serious note.

If you go down the unvented route.
1. Check static pressure.
2. Check dynamic pressure.
3. Check flow rate.
4. Make sure the installer is g3 certified.
5. Make sure the installer doesnt make numbered lists. Really irratates the life out of me.

My opinion is you are worrying too much about the small things.

You are looking at figures why not speak to family and friends and see what boilers they have go and stand next to them and you will see that you will not hear them unless you are listening out for them.

On an 28kw combi there is a maximum flow rate that all manufacturers can get out using 28kw worth of gas and most manufacturers have got the most they can get on hot water rates this will still not be enough to run 2 taps at the se time without a temperature change.

You are on about the power consumption whilst idle and whilst running, instead of looking at things like that look at the cost of parts and the time it takes to change the parts, if 1 boiler saves you ÂŁ100 in electric over 10 years but the parts are more expensive or harder to fit then it will lose you the money that you have saved.

To me the what anybody should be looking at is reliability, manufacturers aftercare and warranty. As you could find the perfect boiler that meets all your specifications and with a long warranty but if it goes wrong you could be without a boiler for a week instead of a day etc.

It does seem that you are being penny sensible but pound stupid.

didnt the OP say it needs to fit into a kitchen cupboard? this will limit many boiler choices and the option of recovery unit.

the baxi plat is a very loud boiler, the WB CDI classic is really quite imo. I guess it depends on the environment its tested in, most washing machines will be louder unless you get one of these

presawash.jpg

as your having a shower when the boilers making a loud noise and it will be on low for the UFH noise should not be a great concern

Last edited:
It doesnt have to fit in cupboard, but ideally would like to. Purely for visual view +cupboard will reduce some noise.

Very interesting publication on aluminum vs stainless steel in boilers:
[DLMURL]http://www.weil-mclain.com/en/assets/pdf/WhitePaper_CompALSS_Final.pdf[/DLMURL]

But plumbers on forums are saying to steer clear from aluminum.

Very interesting publication on aluminum vs stainless steel in boilers:
[DLMURL]http://www.weil-mclain.com/en/assets/pdf/WhitePaper_CompALSS_Final.pdf[/DLMURL]

But plumbers on forums are saying to steer clear from aluminum.

Which plumbers on which forums? Nobody on here has made such a strong statement. There are marginal differences between the two metals in terms of performance, longevity, efficiency, etc.

It's pretty rare for the main heat exchanger to be the part that ends boiler life. Ignore what the heat exchanger is made of, focus on the quality and reliability of the other components, as they are far more likely to fail.

You've had sterling advice so far from people with real life experience, who actually install, service and repair boilers in the field, yet you seem far keener to trust a pseudo-academic paper based on research carried out in lab conditions by a boiler manufacturer!

Hardly the most unbiased of researchers, or the most statistically rigorous study!

As for the dB levels - you are seriously wasting your time even giving this any thought. As already stated, a washing machine or kettle will be much noisier.

How much time do you actually spend in your kitchen with no other appliances running? You're more likely to be in another room, shower, or watching telly, listening to music etc.

This is a ridiculous post. It's like saying I want to go on a 35 degree celsius beach holiday to the north pole.

However, that said, In my opinion, the boiler that comes closest to your original brief is the Viessmann 200W 30kw combi. Its bullet proof too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Suggest gas combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock