Search the forum,

Discuss Suggest gas combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need the the Ferroli Lamborghini boiler... If there no longer making that you need a Ravenheat...

Lambo not being made any more. Just checked Ferroli top boiler - Modena HE. Not impressed. 27kw uses 100w when burning. No w specified when idle. Also just 11.1L/min@35 isnt anything impressive. Noise level not specified at all. Doesn`t mention if heat exchanger is stainless steel or aluminum.

Ravenheat uses aluminum heat exchanger, not option for me, I only want best :) Worcester also uses aluminum only, every model.

Last edited:
I want a car that seats 7, gives 90 mpg, does 0-60 in 4 secs, has 4WD, 25,000 mile service intervals, costs under ÂŁ8k and offers a 7 yr unlimited mileage warranty.

All of those features are available. You just can't have them all in the same car.

My personal view is that you are misunderstanding the various claimed features of boilers. BOILERS don't have set efficiencies, except on a test rig. Its the INSTALLED SYSTEM that has an efficiency, and that depends on design, installation, commissioning, controls (both in terms of capability, but more importants user understanding) as well as a host of other issues - apart from the system.

If you will forgive me for saying so, this is a classic case of a little bit of knowledge being a dangerous thing.

You want this indeck-keystone-massive-boiler-in-transit-reduced-size1.jpg stainless steel heat exchanger too

HTH

You want this stainless steel heat exchanger too

HTH

If you feel very rich, then you can always buy Worcester with aluminum which will corode in few years time. I prefer to make smart purchase to avoid such issues.

If you feel very rich, then you can always buy Worcester with aluminum which will corode in few years time. I prefer to make smart purchase to avoid such issues.

you wont have more than 10 - 12 years out of your boiler these days (combi) realistically

You can predict future?

Still - why would you buy inferior boiler if you have choice of other better ones?

You can predict future?

Still - why would you buy inferior boiler if you have choice of other better ones?

nope just going on current models and there not inferior main brand boilers

Worcester has aluminum heat exchanger, consumes more electricity, noisier. You don`t call it inferior?

They are hugely popular because installers can make more money on them +they invest ton of money in marketing. It doesn`t make boiler itselft any better.

This is not an argument, but discussion - whole idea of such forum. Facts are facts, I have compared boiler specs.

And why installers fit Worcester? Because parts are widely available, better profit margins compared to other makes, better tech support maybe. But again - it doesn`t actually mean its best boiler out there. I can understand its not easy to accept this fact, because you might be fitting 10 Worcesters a week.

Worcester has aluminum heat exchanger, consumes more electricity, noisier. You don`t call it inferior?

They are hugely popular because installers can make more money on them +they invest ton of money in marketing. It doesn`t make boiler itselft any better.

:D there not nosier,alu conducts heat better and doesnt matter if alu or ss both do the same and work in the same principle, and i bet if you ran each make of main man boiler you wont find much difference in elec cost

This is not an argument, but discussion - whole idea of such forum. Facts are facts, I have compared boiler specs.

And why installers fit Worcester? Because parts are widely available, better profit margins compared to other makes, better tech support maybe. But again - it doesn`t actually mean its best boiler out there. I can understand its not easy to accept this fact, because you might be fitting 10 Worcesters a week.

i can get parts for any boiler within a couple of days so that doesnt come into context to that, viessmann commercial i have found have the best tech support so far, and not greater profit margins as there getting other quotes from people installer other boilers eg ferroli, Vokera, and Aristons just to name a few

Just going to bat this away sharply Worcester have an awful profit margin for the installer.

I haven't read the whole thread nor do I intend to but personally Worcester are far from the best boiler out there.

:D there not nosier,alu conducts heat better and doesnt matter if alu or ss both do the same and work in the same principle, and i bet if you ran each make of main man boiler you wont find much difference in elec cost

But within few years you will have to replace it.

How 45 against 38 dB is not noisier? You might think some 25w is not a big deal. But how much in terms of money is that let`s say over 5 year period? A lot.

HE +extra consumption = not the best deal. If Worcester would cost something like 20% less compared to others - yes it would make sense, but it doesn`t.

Last edited:
Worcester and profit in the same sentence is non compatible. Have you checked the price of them?

But within few years you will have to replace it.

How 45 against 38 dB is not noisier? You might think some 25w is not a big deal. But how much in terms of money is that let`s say over 5 year period? A lot.

HE +extra consumption = not the best deal. If Worcester would cost something like 20% less compared to others - yes it would make sense, but it doesn`t.

how do you know them figures are right/ same conditions unless there in the same room test is invalid

Yes I have checked everything - specs and prices. They all cost pretty much the same, but specs do vary.

Yes I have checked everything - specs and prices. They all cost pretty much the same, but specs do vary.

have a look at ideal logic then and you will see what i mean

Hamworthy Modumax. That's my boiler of the moment.

Good luck!

I'll be watching this thread with interest.

Hamworthy Modumax. That's my boiler of the moment.

Good luck!

I'll be watching this thread with interest.

big house? and have you check ip addy its not a modd winding us up??????

In terms of what? Spec, price?

Vaillant tech rep told me this over the phone - Pro is cheaper because it uses more plastic parts rather than brass/copper.

Nothing to do with the size of heat exchanger built in filling loop, user interface or the aesthetics then? I've only been fitting 3 a week for the last 5 years so what would I know !

have a look at ideal logic then and you will see what i mean

Ideal VOGUE COMBI(their top of the range)

Up to 1:7 modulation(but Baxi Platinum Combi has a massive 1:10 modulation ratio)
Stainless steel HE
89.1%
10.6L/min@35

So far decent spec. But I cannot see dB level +power consumption when idle/burning at max on their spec sheet. Therefore cannot be compared to other boilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Suggest gas combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock