Search the forum,

Discuss Suggest gas combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I`m looking for ultimate gas combi boiler, for underfloor heating, but struggling to find such. Can you advise? Must have following spec:

1. 24-30kw - 1 bed flat.
2. Stainless steel heat exchanger
3. Minimum of 12.3L/min at 35 degrees
4. Modulation 1:6
5. Minimum efficiency of 89%
6. No more than 40dB when burning at max
7. Consumes no more than 87w when burning at max and no more than 5w when idle
9. Brass/copper instead of plastics inside
10. Does have optional 7 day timer.

Last edited:
and underfloor heating in a one bed flat lol first time ive heard of underfloor going in a flat

Because I don`t want to shower(at 40 degrees), then somebody starts washing dishes in kitchen and flow/pressure drops. Or washing machine starts running. I prefer to have guaranteed flow.

and underfloor heating in a one bed flat lol first time ive heard of underfloor going in a flat

Why not? Radiators don`t look good, take up space, don`t heat efficiently. Also the kid and cat can enjoy warm floor(and me walking bare feet). And UFH cuts my gas bills. BTW its got high ceiling, not rabbit box newbuild, bigger than average.

Last edited:
Because I don`t want to shower(at 40 degrees), then somebody starts washing dishes in kitchen and flow/pressure drops. Or washing machine starts running. I prefer to have guaranteed flow.

Then dont buy a combi.

kw doesnt = more pressure and if you want decent flow unvented system is what you want

Vaillant boiler for example:

At 42 degrees it provides 7.8L/min, but at 35 9.4L/min. It makes me think that getting higher kw boiler will give me more water at 42 degrees.

Last edited:

At 42 degrees it provides 7.8L/min, but at 35 9.4L/min. It makes me think that getting higher kw boiler will give me more water at 42 degrees.

nope it slows the flow down to heat the water (so more heat = heating the water faster = slightly better flow rate) but if your incoming water flow rate is low your hot water flow will be less

and them figures are at about 15-20 lpm (main pressure about 1.5 bar)

Hi guys,

I'm looking for ultimate gas combi boiler, for underfloor heating, but struggling to find such.

9. Brass/copper instead of plastics inside

I doubt there is such a thing made anywhere in the World.

Everyone uses plastics.

rpm, why not? I explained reasons in my post above.

Think you misunderstood my post, I`m replying (with the quote) to another post and saying there are some massive flats with massive floorspace around.

You are correct. By increasing the kw rating, you will either get more flow for the same temp, or a higher temp for the same flow. At the extreme top end of the combi market - around 40kw - 42kw, this is enough to support two concurrent outlets at very moderate flow rates. (say a basin tap).

But to get a constant temp and flow whilst running multiple outlets anything more than that, you will need either stored hot water, or a dedicated water heater from the light commercial sector.

What I`m trying to achieve - if I shower and somebody opens a kitchen tap, water flow doesn`t drop in shower and still keeps running at xxL/min at xx degrees.

I doubt there is such a thing made anywhere in the World.

Everyone uses plastics.

Vaillant Ecotec Pro and Ecotec Plus are like that - one has more metalic parts, hence its cheaper. I didn`t mean zero plastic parts.

Last edited:
What I`m trying to achieve - if I shower and somebody opens a kitchen tap, water flow doesn`t drop in shower and still keeps running at xxL/min at xx degrees.

The only way you'll get close to that is by having a boost pump just for the water inlet to the Combi.
Even then it won't be guaranteed.

Flow restrictors are the only way to achieve this. ecotec plus and pro use the same internal components plastic to metal wise. They are my boiler of choice though.

As per Ray`s post, its not a problem with amount of water supply to the boiler, but kw of boiler itself - ability to heat XX L water at xx degrees per min.

unvented system

There are some big flats around mate.

oooo they defo must be outside of wales all little shacks round here :D

Flow restrictors are the only way to achieve this. ecotec plus and pro use the same internal components plastic to metal wise. They are my boiler of choice though.

I have looked at Hansgrohe shower heads and taps - they seem to have water saving/reduction cartridges inside. Mixing water with air or something like that.

I`m leaning towards Viessmann Vitodens-100W. It ticks all the boxes, buts its 1:4, not 1:6.

I have looked at Hansgrohe shower heads and taps - they seem to have water saving/reduction cartridges inside. Mixing water with air or something like that.

I`m leaning towards Viessmann Vitodens-100W. It ticks all the boxes, buts its 1:4, not 1:6.

so ?????? its still very energy efferent that all what matters

Do you even know the flow rate at the main incoming? Combis are not the most efficient for under floor due to hot water priority causing temp to drop away. Your asking a lot expect to pay a lot!

so ?????? its still very energy efferent that all what matters

But its not most energy efficient. The difference is 8.3% from your boilers kw output. It all adds up. I would also like a boiler with passive flue gas heat recovery +it to work in condensing mode for hot tap water as well, but that`s asking too much :D Then I would need to manufacture one myself.

Last edited:
You need the the Ferroli Lamborghini boiler... If there no longer making that you need a Ravenheat...

You need the the Ferroli Lamborghini boiler... If there no longer making that you need a Ravenheat...

:D you can pick a colour as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Suggest gas combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock