Search the forum,

Discuss Sub contracting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllyBongo

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Got my BPEC certs for solar thermal and heat pumps last year. Seems very hard to get work in these areas. Does anyone subby to any bigger companies doing installs? I have a two man team in central Scotland

Try UKFM. They are busy enough doing air source. Don't know if they take subbies but you could ask.
If they do they will work you like a dog :lol:

I do work for H/A's and they are just starting to nose into air source and ground source , imho i dont think the work is quite there for justifying the tickets maybe another 18 months time.

Try UKFM. They are busy enough doing air source. Don't know if they take subbies but you could ask.
If they do they will work you like a dog :lol:

I know of a couple of guys working for them on the books, and you're right Tamz. All over the country and they want their pound of flesh.

Mostly being fitted for the the councils in rural areas.
Not a lot of private work especially if you are not MCS but there is some. Most of the private work will be swallowed up by the big guys under the green deal stuff soon.

Aye, don't I know it!. I cant wait for the Green Deal to kick off, cant see much of an uptake up here, but Ill happily fit a new boiler at a third of the price that the Green Deal Advisors recommend, and they wont have to fit loft and cavity wall insulation to qualify for the finance either.

A few of the guys worked with eaga before. The director used to be with them before setting up his own thing. Can't remember his name but he is pally with KS (everwarm).

They are another lot into that stuff with a lot of work on. All contracts for the boys with the contacts :smile:

Everwarm are apparently fitting new systems for less than the price of a boiler. Don't know how it works but no doubt us, the numpties that work for a living, are paying for it and if they are doing it so are the other big mobs.

Yeah, I know KS, he's trying to take over the market round about us. Fair play to him, he keeps guys in work but its decidely dodgy when a company that only appeared in Feb this year manages to secure a contract for home insulation from the council before it was even tendered?.. Work that one out. lol, as the saying goes its still very much a case of not what but who you know.
I have heard they wont get much council work for PV though as they have their own guys trained up on it now apparently.

Work that one out. lol,

brown-envelopes.jpg

But that doesn't happen anymore :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sub contracting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock