Search the forum,

Discuss studying abroad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ryans

Hi,
I'm soon to graduate from university in the uk. I have now decided my passion lies with work in the construction industry and would like to begin my career as a plumber. I have family who live in south africa who believe they have the contacts to help me set up and qualify as a plumber over there. My question is, if I were to qualify there, would my qualifications warrant me to gain employment in the uk. Any help is much appriciated.

Ryan

do you know what the qualifications are over there ? i doubt the systems over there would be too common over here. having said that plumbing is plumbing its only the rules and regulations and the materials that change depending on the country.

Thank You for your advice so far, i have contacted a south African who has previously asked a similar question.
After constant google searches i am struggling to identify the specific qualification offered in SA.
However i have found the plumbing school i would most likely attend whilst working as an apprentice.
As can be seen in the link below, the course appears to be city and guilds accredited, therefore im assuming similar if not identicle to the English equivalent.
The website is : The SA plumbing trade school, then following the city and guilds tab.
The Website also suggests that the wualification does warranr receipiants to work overseas in Britain and Australia.

Thanks Again for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to studying abroad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

H
  • Article
Lecturers in Plumbing within Construction 36 hours, 52 weeks per year , part time hours will also be considered ÂŁ32,732- ÂŁ39,096 per annum plus an additional ÂŁ2,500 Recruitment and Retention Premium and relocation funding if needed We are looking to recruit Lecturers in Plumbing to deliver...
Replies
Views
Was working as a Plumbers Mate for about 6 months and got my Level 2 qualification. Enjoyed the job and wanted to make a career of it. Got into some trouble, lost the job and got sentenced to 19 months prison, did 9 months and now released on license. Job I had won't have me back so need to get...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, my nephew (18 yrs) has completed an apprenticeship as a plumber/gas engineer in Italy and is fully qualified with a couple of years experience assisting an established plumber/engineer as part of his course. He would like to come and work in the UK as he is struggling to find work and he...
Replies
Views
Please can anyone help or point me in the right direcrion. I have recently completed a 18 month bpec management learning programme (apprenticeship) I am now qualified in CCN1, CENWAT, MET1, Unvented, CONGLP1PD. I need to get my CONGLP1-LAV as that is the work I am hoping to predominately do...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am a junior plumber based in South East London (Zone 1), but can get to most areas quite easily. In terms of Qualifications I have completed level 2 Diploma in Plumbing and Heating with 1 years experience working as an emergency response engineer primarily carrying out maintenance...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock