Search the forum,

Discuss Stud detector in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyespy999

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a decent stud / detector please? I bought a lidl one a few months ago (you get what you pay for) which is really hit and miss.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you

You might want to ask our 'SUPER MOD',

He sets them off all the time.
He will be able to tell you the ones that work and the ones that don't.

Re: Hit and miss - we have numerous brands and varying quality ones.
They all seem hit and miss - to the point where I haven't used one for years now.
Keep it in the van, somewhere.

thin pin nail and a hammer just above the skirting if its finished work just rub some dec fill over

One of those special strong magnets might do the job. Would find where the plasterboard screws or nails are. Come to think of it, a magnet out of a magnetic filter might work.
I have one of those cheap stud detectors that I bought years ago that has a hole in it for your hand to grip it. I found it to work alright if I took the patience to slowly repeat testing each stud area.

Last edited:
I have this bosch one, although its expensive do what i did , i surfed ebay till i got a cheap deal lol, great bit of kit and handy at times ,

Bosch GMS120 Digital Wall Scanner | Testing Equipment | NoLinkingToThis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Stud detector in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, can anyone tell me which pipes are flow and return please. I removed old leaking 2008 C26 firebird oil boiler in June . We have now completed damp proofing works & I need to extend these 4 pipes to go through the wall and into a new boiler room. This area will then be stud wall and...
Replies
Views
Hello all, We have a small bathroom, which currently has the toilet on the outside wall, and the sink on the inside wall. What are the chances/challenges of switching this round, i.e., fitting the toilet to the inside wall? Here's what I mean: So toilet would be hung from the stud wall, with...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
D
hi everyone a local installer has recently quoted me £3,660 for a complete install using the main eco compact 25kw boiler i have also been waiting for more feedback and reviews of the new worcester bosch 1000 which seems to be getting quite positive initial feedback, and a few criticisms which...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
Hi all, apologies in advance for my ignorance. I have an old style toilet with what I've researched is a ballcock. The toilet was screaming every time we flushed so I googled and found it was the diaphragm valve that needed replaced. I bought a pack of diaphragm seals and attempted to change...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock