Search the forum,

Discuss Stuart Turner Negative Pump Replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Simmo200

I have a Stuart Turner N3.0 twin pump - 46158, it's packed in and I need a replacement, but it's discontinued. The new model is 46410, it's very expensive, does anyone know of another model or brand that would replace it?

What confuses me also, is the pump I have is negative, but the replacement model they have told me to get seems to be both positive and negative

They do the universal range and do you really need 3bar?

3bar is just whats in now, I'm in a top floor flat, 2 bathroom, one shower, one bath. Top floor is only 2nd floor as well, if that makes a difference, block of 3.

Yep I think they will all go down the universal route , I am with RPM , 3 bar is plenty , is this for a shower .

The only tap currently working in the entire flat is the cold tap in the kitchen, which I presume comes off the mains. No other tap has any pressure, would that explain the 3 bar?

Probably, yes. How old is the old one? Stewart turner are awesome pumps. They are expensive but stick with them. Had a lot of faulty salamanders lately. (Faulty flow sensors)

I reckon it's between 10 and 15 years old after talking to ST help desk today.

Thanks mate, if I could get one around £350 I'd be happy, but all looking over £400 at the minute. Keep checking ebay but not much on.

That 1 bar of pressure may make a world of difference. Stick with Stewart turner.

Yup, wen't to look at a Grundfos pump once, was moving it slightly to look at the data plate and one of the flexi hoses sheared off. Would have flooded the house where it not for some very quick reactions.

You get what you pay for with pumps and I'd say £400 for a pump that's lasted 10-15 years is incredibly good value. I doubt very much whether you would get that from a Salamander pump.

All pumps have a pressure/flow rate curve and the 3 bar is the static pressure they pressurise the supply pipework too. As soon as you open a shower the pressure drops off dramatically. That pump will probably deliver 18 litres per minute at 2 bar. Still good, but drop to a 2 bar pump and it will produce 18 litres per minute at 1 bar (examples only). If you drop the pressure you will definitely notice the difference in the shower. As long as you're prepared for that then it's fine!

If the pump doesn't give any sign did you try hiring an engineer to inspect the old one? It may just the fuse or something simple.

I mean if the current pump is 10-15 years old no point of servicing it ... it has done its job for very long time.

I can only agree that the Stuart tuners are the Mercedes under the pumps ...

You will not find the pump for £350 , uni twin 3.0 bar will not go less then £400. I've never seen this pump with 3 bar less than £400. It is in the first moment big money but over the years it will safe you a lot when installed correctly, with the right flange and pipe layout. It also has 5 years warranty.
The only disadvantage is the service kits are a little expensive but that's what it is with quality stuff, no plastic most of it is brass, quiet running pump so all in all a very good, if not the best product ...

For me all the way Stuart Turner monsoon! Best pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Stuart Turner Negative Pump Replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock