Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Struggling to get work in the Plumbers Looking for Work - Post Here area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. al.dente112

al.dente112 New Member

Hi Guys,

I'm a 21 year old qualified plumber and i am finding it tough to get work, Ive sent numerous amount of cvs to companies, majority of the replies i receive are i lack experience, Can anybody help me out ? or shall i completely forget about plumbing and find another trade

cheers

2. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber

How did you qualify? Was it a fast track course?
    Sounds like you need to work alongside somebody but how does that person know you wont then take work off them? Rock and a hard face come to mind.

3. al.dente112

al.dente112 New Member

Hi RPM, I spent 3 years at college to achieve NVQ level 3, at the moment its just one complete vigorous circle! Do you think i should forget about it ?

4. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR

A lot can depend on your location ! and number of plumbers working it, where are you located ? city, town , country ? my area its very difficult to get into a job, 40 miles up the road massive amount of new build work so it may mean that you have to relocate, or work away from home !!

5. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber

No I don`t, it`s not easy but keep going.

6. al.dente112

al.dente112 New Member

I live literally 8 minutes from heathrow airport, 12 minuets from windsor so pretty much live between near enough west london,Berkshire ands buckinghamshire

7. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR

I lived in Bracknell for 20 years and always plenty of work around that area, you shouldn't have any problems finding a job in your location

8. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber

Things have changed since you moved on mate nowadays there are plenty of cheap jack of all trades passing as experienced and most people look at the price first and you second.
    Local neighbourhood web site lets people post jobs and the amount of replies is stupid.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  9. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber

PS
    JTS, google Bracknell Town Centre sometime, it`s gone all 21st century! ;)

10. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR

This is happening everywhere, most don't seem to care as long has price is low not even bothered if your GS or not . Not very often I get asked .

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. al.dente112

al.dente112 New Member

Do you know of any companies that take on ?

12. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

Hi
    Have you actually worked for any employer,while training?

• Like Like x 1
  13. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR

Is this your local area ? About time they did the town up !

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber

Sorry I don`t mate, but there is a lot of new homes being built in Berkshire if you want to do site work.

15. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR

Sorry cant help with that, I was SE, and have not lived in that area since 2004