Search the forum,

Discuss Strange readings at the appliance... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren Jackson

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Good morning all, Did a CP12 yesterday and got 26 mbar Standing & 21 mbar working pressures at the meter so all good, but then found 22 mbar on the cooker burner and also 22 mbar at the inlet of the boiler??? Never come across a higher pressure at the appliance than at the meter before, Checked it three times to make sure with my U gauge and my FGA. Anyone else come across this before? Thought it was a bit strange.

How can you have more pressure working at the appliance when you only have 21 at the meter ?

External gas run ?

Hi Shaun, yes HOW I don't know. But you may have just answered my query. The meter was in a brick compartment accessed from a small wooden door on the outside of the building under the concrete stairs and it was a cold shaded little compartment. Whereas the pipework ran in 22mm for 4m external along the wall with the sun shining on it.

There you go heat will rise it 3-4 mbar

Bet your working was around 20 mbar

Thanks Shaun, 35yrs in the game and still learning. It is the first time I have ever come across this before. Wonder how many other GSR folk have come across it?

A few and I bet they phoned transportation up saying help :D

I have had this quite alot you can cause a rise just by holding onto the gas supply i try and test early morning or late afternoon in the sunny weather. Kop

try putting a blow touch over the gas pipe when you send the apprentice to take a tightness test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Strange readings at the appliance... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock