Search the forum,

Discuss Storage tank out?? - Help please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
First post..

I have anew build house with a massive water storage tank which takes up a lot of room. Is it worth removing this and upgrading the combi in the kitchen? The house has both a tank and a combi.

TIA

If you have more than one bathroom/shower outlet and your pressure/flow rate are good you have the most desirable system for providing lots of hot water with good pressure simultaneously. Most of the time we are trying to persuade folks to opt for such a system rather than a combi alone which can't compete in such a scenario.

Thanks, gmartine. The house has three toilets and two showers (and a bath). We frequently use both showers at the same time so wouldn't want drop in pressure or availability of hot water. Are there no other solutions ie.. bigger combi etc.. as the water storage tank is massive?
Thanks

Sounds perfect for an unvented system depending on the water pressure and flow rate

The only way you could do it is go for a storage combi eg Viessmann 222

Combi boilers arnt suitable because of there limited flow rate even a 40kw boiler

Could I upgrade the combi and include a flow increase type device?

As I said it sounds like you have an optimum system already that you're happy with (besides the space it takes up) , you can upgrade to a more powerful storage combi but it won't fulfill your hot water demands to the same degree. Post up a picture of your current system.

You could move to a combi if the cylinder is that much of a pain , however , get ready to pay your gas supplier shed loads of money if you do .
The system you have is the best for you and your house as everyone has said

Where is the cylinder at the moment, could it be relocated or could there be an alternative solution to your requirements for more space? There are boilers available that can provide high flow rates but what you have by comparison is many hundreds of litres of hot water available at mains pressure instantly and there isn't a boiler that can realistically compete with that.

Reply to Storage tank out?? - Help please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock