Search the forum,

Discuss Stopcock leaking under sink unit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, Just replaced my thermostatic shower, Having turned the stopcock off when I have turned it back on it is leaking out of the top. Outside there is another in the ground but it is full of water and I am having trouble to turn this one off with a long key, any help appreciated. Thanks.

Any chance of a pick of the leaking one please?

upload_2018-2-16_23-33-23.png

The top little nut just under the handle ?

You should be able just to nip it up a bit (eg tightening)

Quite common for it to leak if it hasn't been used in a while

It will Probably leak again next time you turn it off. So just nip it back up or re pack the gland.

If stopcock is old and worn, undo gland nut (stopcock can be on or off) and wrap 4-6 turns PTFE or Loctite 55 around stem clockwise, and tighten gland nut back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Stopcock leaking under sink unit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I've joined the forum today as I've found myself going round in circles with what I think might be a pretty simple problem, hoping someone can help. Our dishwasher is leaking and the manual says this can be fixed by cleaning the water inlet filter. To do this, we need to close the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Hi, as you can see pictured I have a stopcock without a packing gland. Over the past few days my cistern inlet was suffering from an airlock and it was hammering constantly after filling. I turned off this stopcock, drained all the pipes, turned the taps back off and then let the water back...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked very corroded around the tap handle. An Anglian Water engineer was at the property measuring my water pressure and flow rate. When he saw the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm having an issue with my outside tap not working, the tiniest of dribbles comes put each time I try it. Ive changed the tap to no avail so thinking I should change the stopcock tap thing under the sink? Please see attached photos. Many thanks for and advice. Cheers Gary
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock