Search the forum,

Discuss Stock Reply for People Who Shouldn't Be Messing With Gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Okay, so it seems we have been closing threads, banning members, generally annoying them and being rude to them, when somebody is asking to repair a boiler or whatever when they shouldn't be.

So rather than do that, which A) looks unprofessional, B) stops them asking about a bath in the future and C) generally does no good at all because it doesn't explain to them the conciquences of what they're doing, then I've created this stock reply that we can ALL use. Just copy and paste it. We'll keep the thread open, just not give them any advice, and encourage them to prove they're GSR or just stop asking.

I'll work on creating a usergroup that we can add users to that stops them from posting in gas related forums upon identification that they're DIY or whatever. Which is what we do on the sparky forum. Seems to have nipped it in the bud after just a couple of months.

So here's a reply to use.

For obvious reasons, we won't and can't help you fiddle with things that fall under strict laws, laws that are there to prevent people from blowing themselves, or other people up.

<tongue-in- cheek>We're not too fussed about them blowing themselves up - Darwin Award and all that. But it's the other people we're bothered about that didn't have a choice in the matter.</tongue-in-cheek>

UKPlumbersForums.co.uk is here for all types of plumbers. But to repair or install anything that requires you to comply with laws, you'll need to follow the correct procedure to prove you're competent (i.e. registered with Gas Safe and have a Gas Safe ID).

You're welcome to ask about water plumbing and whatnot. But lay off the Heating Engineer-related questions please. Carrying on may result in your account being restricted or suspended from the forum.

Last edited:
Just posted this notice.

How we now deal with Gas-related threads from people not GSR:-
  • Do NOT ever insult them in your replies, just assume they didn't realise that they shouldn't be asking (benefit of the doubt first).
  • Do NOT ever provide advice. Instead copy and paste THIS friendly but to-the-point response explaining the score.
  • Encourage them to contact a member of staff with their GSR#.
  • Be friendly, or don't bother replying at all.
  • You don't have to reply, but if you do reply, you do have to be friendly.
  • I'm wiping the slate clean with the new forum. We're not doing it the way we did. Don't insult anybody at all, whether a new member, or a super old member. No cliques, no smart arses, just solid professional plumbing advice.
I'm sure you'll agree it's the only way a good forum should be run. And it's the way you'd expect to be treated if you ended up here as a newbie yourself.

I have to start somewhere. I'll sort this forum out trust me matey.

Note that this is a public thread. We have discussion ongoing in various private forums. So go look in those if you want to chat about this. This thread isn't the place for suggestions etc.

Evening boys and girls if there is any? Trying to copy this for any times I may need to use it in the future as it is an awesome post. I am using a mobile devise and it will not let me copy it. Any ideas on how to do it please?

What device have you got?

You can just copy a link to this thread and post that. So they end up on this page.

Just as a side note, when you said if there are any boys or girls online, we had 1100 in the past 24 hours login.

You can view the stats on the homepage if you scroll down past the sponsors you get a tab that says 'visited'.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170403-022357.png
    Screenshot_20170403-022357.png
    448.6 KB · Views: 3
Suggestion..... "Just get a competent professional in,,, to stay gas safe"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Stock Reply for People Who Shouldn't Be Messing With Gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock