Search the forum,

Discuss Step by step solar install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ecowarm

Coming soon..... Pictures, words the lot.

Starting tomorrow

Eco

Sorry for the delay it will start tomorrow, held up with materials not arriving on time.

Its being compiled at the moment, its taking some doing, the step by step install not the job thats up and running 210l thermal store up to 75c today. Thats what I've set the max cylinder temp at in the controller.

Hi Eco. I have been supplying 30 mm lead slates to a few eco companies, however a guy on the phone today was saying that at 90 degrees to the pitch, little room was present between F&R and roof if the panel needed to fit close (more pleasing aesthetics ) He suggested i develop a weathering that exits the roof at say a 25 degree angle, allowing more pipe and weathering area for low slung panels? Is the afore mentioned an issue?

Last edited:
Hi Justlead,

I think 90 degrees to roof pitch is right as the pipes can then bend to panel.
I wish I had used a lead slate got sent a ali one and it was awfully rubbish (ment to say the word starting with S but will get edited anyway) could not dress to tiles.

Eco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Step by step solar install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys, just want to get advice, i want to replace venten to unvented cylinder, is it ok to install D2 pipe to toilet waste pipe see picture? as there is no easy options to get it outside.
Replies
Views
Hi, Solar thermal not so big these days but a couple of Q for anyone who still works in it. Background. I'm an Electrician not a plumber.. I've been maintaining my otherwise excellent solar thermal (Original install MCS by Others), for the last ~ 18 years, over which time I've needed to clean...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have just installed a vented McDonald 250L thermal store, it is for multi fuel but currently just connected to a standard oil boiler in the garage which is fully pumped to the TS, the system has two pumps both basic 3speed Grunfoss, one on the boiler return and the other on the CH flow...
Replies
Views
Looking for a gas safe engineer to complete a boiler and cylinder install in Ringwood BH24. There was a delay of approx 8 months from the install to radiators being fitted and therefore able to comission the system. Our plumber is now employed elsewhere and unfortunately unable to complete this...
Replies
Views
Hi - I have a Telford's Tristar Thermal store with a Caleffi 533..h PRV set to 3 bar. The PRV doesn't appear to be drop tight, so static rises from 3 bar to 5.6 bar when no flow. When I had the thermostat replaced on the cylinder recently the plumber doing the job suggested I should...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock