Search the forum,

Discuss steam from elson tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

duncanbru

elson located above potterton kingfisher in airing cupboard, when the boiler has been on for over an hour, steam is emiting from the tank and filling the room, pump is running, rads heat up, thermister and over heat stat have been checked!

any sugestions?

many thanks duncan

any sugestions as to why? it's over heating? no immersion fitted, boiler stat working, pump running, i can't work out why it is over heating!

whats the temp like out of the taps ?
providing it is filling and working ok.

its not got a stat on the tank.
yrs since i've seen one on a boiler, only immersion ones.

no tank stat fitted! not sure if it is possible to retro fit one on an elson? if so this would rectify the problem but still dose not determin the cause, it is an old ex council property that has just been bought and new owners have this problem, so no history of the system however the thermister did look very new so wonder if the former owner was having simaler problems

as you say has the problem been there before.
no tank stat it just relying on the boiler stat.

yep just relying on the boiler stat, which is working perfectaly! no zone valves fitted, just gravity fed hw and pumped ch circuit so not realy much to go wrong! its got me bamboozled!!! asked loads of local coliuges and every one says hmm strange, scratches there head and walks away!! bet it's something simple but just cant work it out!

so its acting like a standard gravity indirect cylinder with no stat like the old 70's installs. and they never done that. is strange.

nothing coming out the overflow.

yep thats exactly what its like! and nope there's nothing coming from over flow. ran boiler on max for 50 min on wed night, small spurt from expantion pipe about 5 min after it fired up bit then nothing. ran till the boiller was virtually glowing, couldn't touch the ch pipework or primaries dhw was warm but not too hot, turned the boiler stat down to low and left ( 3rd visit ) call last night saying heating had been on for 2h and the steam was once again rollong out of the tank and accross the cieling in the bedroom!

no chance of a slight blockage or resriction in the expansion pipe.

possibul but unlikely, wouldn't of thought it would lead to the overheating problem tho, as no hw returning to the tank!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to steam from elson tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock