Search the forum,

Discuss Starting up on my own. Argh Help. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

obseen16

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all.
i have been working in the plumbing trade (with a qualified plumber) for less than 6 months. my employer wants me to think about setting up on my own in the very near future. trouble is im s**t scared of taking the leap (A:) because its only been 6 months and (B:) im terrified of making a mess of someones property and destroying any kind of customer base i may build over time. should i just say what the hell, bite the bullet and go for it? my employer keeps trying to help me out by saying im only gonna be a phone call away if you get stuck etc but still im really not to sure about it or how to go about starting up.

any tips on starting out would be very much appreciated advice for and against aswell.

cheers guys

J

why is he so keen on getting you to start on your own.
surely your going to be another plumber out there that he has to compete with getting work.
taking his customers.
i could understand it after a few yrs but not 6 months. and if not to sure yet don't do it.

Hi all.
trouble is im s**t scared of taking the leap (A:) because its only been 6 months and (B:) im terrified of making a mess of someones property and destroying any kind of customer base i may build over time.

J

if your s**t scared your not ready yet, stick to your job until your confident doing jobs on your own.

What do you know about business???_ i be nothing!!!!!!

First study up on ruining a business and (i mean read loads of books and info about small business for 2 yrs!!!) get your skills up !!

What do you know about business???_ i be nothing!!!!!!

First study up on ruining a business and (i mean read loads of books and info about small business for 2 yrs!!!) get your skills up !!

:eek: Is that sick irony??;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Starting up on my own. Argh Help. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock