Search the forum,

Discuss starting out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mattttaylor

I'm currently looking to start a plumbers course in the next few months with ppl. the course seems good. i will be loaning the money for the course. My concern is finding a job as a inexperienced plumber. if anyone has info on what the course is like and getting work straight after. i would be happy to recive any information.

I'm also in the same predication with regards to finding a job that will give me experience. Currently studying a couple of City & Guilds courses and after I've completed that, I'm hoping to study my NVQ level 2 in plumbing.

Just wondering if anyone has any useful websites to help find jobs for plumbing trainees? Been scouting the net for a while now but nothing but BTSC advertising there course on various sites!

At the same time "study" your local market and start to tap into good ways of getting customers. Most plumbers can join pipes but have no idea of working for themselves etc and getting customers. If you are going to work local get a job with the BEST local guy or company. Stay focused on the ££ and put the hours in.

Sorry boys you just are not going to get that job, you will have to work for yourselves. Time served plumbers genreally hate newbees and wont lift a finger for you. I Have had to work for myself and am getting some success. Oh and the skill shortage doesnt exist anymore . . .

As a time served craftsman, I would if I was in the market for an apprentice help any young person with the right apptitude and desire for learning to get on, as long as he dont think he knows it all from a short course that cost him £ 5k or £6k.
Rightly or wrongly I wouldnt give the same help to someone in his late forties, lets face it if you dont know by then what you want to do, then you aint really the sort I would want to employ. Its the young guys we will need in the future, they are the ones who need the chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to starting out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock