Search the forum,

Discuss Starting career in renewable energy? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jack-Kay

Hi im currently 20 years old and have done my technical certificate city and guilds level 2 & 3 in domestic heating in college and have recently started a course with ATL practical training doing my NVQ level 2 in plumbing and doing my Domestic Renewable energy engineer with PV.... i was just wondering that because i am only doing this course teaching myself at home with virtual world software and reading would i find it easy to find a job after i finish this course?

thank you for reading hope to hear back from somebody.

its a home taught course they gave me a book all about plumbing and a virtual world software cd that puts u in a realistic environment kind of like a flight simulator but for plumbers, then i have to go through the book ect then go down to leeds to prove i can do the hands on work then they pass me onto the next module.

just as i thought....well thats ÂŁ7000 down the drain for nothing, been trying to get into the industry now since i left school ... what do you reccomend for me to do?

You would of been better to find a good plumber and offer to pay him
Probably would of saved you money ÂŁ7,000 that's crazy

been trying to find a good plumber since i was 16 its not proving to be easy :( but where theres a will theres a way ill just keep applying for courses and get my experience that way im not about to give up now.... but if anyone here has any ideas that might help me out i would greatly appreciate it coz all this training and no job is sending me crazy lol

I can not believe what i am reading in this thread. It annoys the hell out of me that this type of training goes on. Give Anthony a call at h2Solar Shop, we have a one day thermal workshop on 29th June. It is run by John Blower an ex chairman of the Solar trade association with 20 years in the industry and Mick Maplebeck - with 30 years experience of installing solar. You will be hands on most of the day and will learn a tremendous amount. Also we will point you in the right direction to working / training with an established company. H2 Solar will fund your place on the course. It is run in Brighouse in Ploughcrofts training centre.

I can not believe what i am reading in this thread. It annoys the hell out of me that this type of training goes on. Give Anthony a call at h2Solar Shop, we have a one day thermal workshop on 29th June. It is run by John Blower an ex chairman of the Solar trade association with 20 years in the industry and Mick Maplebeck - with 30 years experience of installing solar. You will be hands on most of the day and will learn a tremendous amount. Also we will point you in the right direction to working / training with an established company. H2 Solar will fund your place on the course. It is run in Brighouse in Ploughcrofts training centre.

^^ There you go Jack. This might be your chance to get a bit hands on experience and a foot on the rung.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Starting career in renewable energy? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock